MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Burns?

Jewlzm

Scrape a raw potato and put it on. Leave it until it starts to dry out then put on more. My mom used this remedy when my brother was scalded with a pot of beans. He had very few blisters and no scars.

what i have done for burns and it seems that i am always burning myself in the kitchen. the first thing is i clean the burn off if there is something on it, second i grab the mustard and squirt some on and let dry it seems to cool the burn right away. i have used aloe also; ice cubes. and vit E after to keep it from scaring. this works for me

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
when we get burned we usally use aloe vera plant. my husband breaks off a piece and rubs it on and it cools down very fast. we put it on after we run water over it. sorry you got burned.

That is what we use. If it is a small burn(smaller than a bandaid), cut the piece of aloe to fit and then put a bandaid or gauze and tape over it and leave it on, when it dries out, replace the aloe and recover. Friend kept her daughter from getting a scar from a bad muffler pipe burn(motorcycle).

Archived