MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Unsung Heroes

Momo

Today is World Blood Donor Day. I have donated blood fairly often myself, but never thought I would be on the receiving side. When DH was in the hospital last month he had to have 2 units of blood due to his heavy bleeding. It really hit home then, and I was glad I had donated before. If you are able to, please donate.

I use to donate very often, I have a rare blood type and they were always calling me and asking. B rh negative

Blood Type & Rh How Many Have It Frequency

O Rh Positive 1 person in 3 37.4%

O Rh Negative 1 person in 15 6.6%

A Rh Positive 1 person in 3 35.7%

A Rh Negative 1 person in 16 6.3%

B Rh Positive 1 person in 12 8.5%

B Rh Negative 1 person in 67 1.5%

AB Rh Positive 1 person in 29 3.4%

AB Rh Negative 1 person in 167 .6%

"The rarest blood type is the type that's not available when YOU need it!"

Found this info at this link http://bloodcenter.stanford.edu/about_blood/blood_types.html

Good and true stats, Stephanie. I'm a big fan of blood donations.

Because I have a relatively rare blood type, I donated blood throughout college and grad school. I also did apheresis and serum donations for years as well. Both of my grandpas had heart issues and one contracted hepatitis from unclean blood. It was my way of honoring their memory. I think somewhere I still have my 4 gallon pin.

GOODMORNING6-1.gif

Do to health, I am not able to donate, and neither is Oldpine. I do know some of the family has donated though.

I do say Thank you to all who are able and willing to do this. I know it is needed and at times there is so little ready to use.

Thank you all for your donating.

HUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gifpsycoturtle.gif

Archived