MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

1/2 way through July

LivinSimple

Where has the month gone? I just can't believe how fast this summer is moving along.

What are you all up to today?

I have given the dog a bath and got her half clipped before we both wanted a break.

I have been packing boxes like a crazy woman. We are supposed to rent a U-Haul at the end of the month to move all the big things.

I have to go through the two freezers and throw away anything that isn't any good. I am giving some frozen things to a friend of mine so I won't have as much to move. We have a big chest freezer that is full and a smaller upright freezer that is pretty full as well. I am not looking forward to this project.

I guess I'd best get back to the boxes. Have a great day everyone.

GOODMORNINGWHITEDOG2.gif ,

LivinSimple, sounds like you are moving, what state are you headed for or are you just moving in the same state??? No matter what, this has to be a hard job. We have lived in the same place for going on 38 years next month. So, if we ever moved, we would have a lot of stuff to get rid of and to move.

It is now Saturday and yes, the month has gone by so fast.

We are between company right now. Oldest DS left yesterday morning after being here since the 4th and helping us with the BIG project. This is something I am goig to post about today. :) Yes, I will let you all in on the project, in the Sunporch. :)

Our DD will be leaving TX on the 7th of Aug. heading this way, she will be bringing one of our DS's DD's along with her for company on the road. :) She wants to help with the project too. After all, it was her idea in the first place last summer. :)

I have been getting up so early and today I really overslept.

I have the bedding from two beds to wash, but, want to wait until I can hang them out. I don't know what is up with the weather, but, we had it sooooooooooo hot until Monday and then it was really nice, not hot or no bad humidity. Then the past few days, it has been so cool, very different for this time of year and up here. It has been in the 60's for high these past 3 days now. It is only 61º here now and cloudy, so may rain.

hugsgirlandflowers.gifHAVEANICEDAYFLOWERSANDBUTTERFLIES.gif

Snowmom we have had cloudy and rainy weather, staying pretty cool although it reached the high 70s today and should be warm all week. Darn Low up north of here is stilllllllll there...... circling round like a slow merry go round. I wish it would go away!

Well..... doing some straightening up and dehydrating peaches and plums this weekend. Did mushrooms and apple slices and bananas earlier this month. Will probably can some more beans, pinto and black beans, maybe some navy beans. Made some whole wheat muffins tonight and boy are they good! Will probably make a pie tomorrow. I love my dehydrator and next month I will have it very busy all the time~

My cat who returned after 4 mos gone has had to deal with a sliced off dewclaw and infected , swollen paw but is ok after being treated several days for it, then went out, and it was the belated town fireworks that brought him home tonight. He does not like those things! He had been out a few days, gallivanting this time I think. So he munched out on his goodies and is napping beside the desk here on his blanket ( lions and tigers on fleece).

I am sitting here watching The Patriot. Love that movie. Its late and its nice and quiet out and I am not sleepy yet, plus its Saturday nite!

Thinking about all the stuff going on, but not letting it bother me much right now. Sometimes, you just have to let it go, so you can concentrate on the right things, right before your eyes.

I will make some strong muslin type material bags for ditty/stuff bags for my backpack and repack it, hopefully more organized, so its ready to grab. I will do that tomorrow. I will do the plums and maybe start that Noahs ark cross stitch I finally located again as I worked on my room today..... been wondering where it was! ( Hiding! ).

There is a full solar eclipse on the 22nd, everyone!

It has been a very long weekend and I'm pooped. My mom was here on Friday. We worked on packing more boxes and she helped me clean out and defrost both freezers. Now that was a job!

Yesterday, I ended up taking a road trip to deliver the last dog that I needed to find a home for. I can't take any of the big farm dogs with me, no farm for them anymore. :(

And today, my mom suprised me by coming down again today. She helped me clean a bunch of really nasty canning jars that I had picked up a while back on the cheap. We cleaned them and repacked them so they would travel easier. What a job!

I am moving in with my mom for a while who lives about 100 miles north of where I am now in Missouri. Mom needs me to help her with things around her place and while I am staying there, I'll be looking for a house close by for DH and I to buy hopefully.

Plus, going back home is a good thing. I have missed all my peoples up there. I am related to half the county up there. :)

I guess I'd best get back to it. I have four blankets that are on the line that need to be brought in and folded up.

Snowmom, I just love the idea of a sunporch. That is so cool! Is it screened in? Give us details.

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

It is cloudy this morning and we were suppose to have a nice sunshiny day today.

They are now blacktopping the road out front, so there is a lot of noise out there.

I have a load of laundry in the washer and had planned to :clothesline: but, it all depends on if the sun comes out or not. I don't want it out there if we are going to get rain. :(

LivinSimple, we are not making a sunporch, but, I would love one. I made the post on the 'Sunporch' forum here. :)

I haven't had breakfast yet, so should get moving.

HUGS35.gifHAVEAGOODDAY.gif

Good Afternoon! Early this moring I put teriyaki type beef in the dehydrator, ribs with homemade sauce in the crockpot, made sour cream yeast rolls(turned out real well) and a pumpkin type dump cake. instead of a cake mix on top I used gingerbread mix--we'll see how that worked tonight.

Last Saturday I was supposed to get a grain grinder but the fellow didn't even look for the missing parts. I'll keep showing up at his shop and hopefully he will find a little ambition and some parts too.

The weather is still a little warm here--around 90 to 95--it is supposed to cool down to 80 or so on Wednesday. Yay!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Snowmom-your kitchen will look great when it is done! What a family venture!

Archived