MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Read those labels

Momo

For those of us who are watching our diets for health reasons..don't take anything for granted.

I have noticed that manufacturers are adding sugar to many canned vegetables. It is pretty common in corn and peas. Today though I was at the grocery store and saw sugar listed as an ingredient in kidney beans!! Kidney beans! I wasn't expecting that one.

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

Makes one wonder if we shouldn't be making all things we eat. I have a can of Hominy up stairs and there is no sugar in it at all. Glad to see that. :) Need to get the dried beans and cook them the way we like them. I will have to do more checking and see what is in the corn, beans and peas etc we have.

Thank you for the heads up.

SNOWMANHUGSINPURPLE.jpgHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

God willing we will never buy another can of beans/etc. after this year. We put up lots of veggies last year but there will be a busy time around the canner this year. If you are anywhere close to NC/SC we will have a gardening/ preserving /grain mill usage set of classes at the spring gathering.

We as a nation have become an insatiable nation consumed BY sugar, not just consuming sugar, It's quite pathetic when you pick up a pack of gum, only to find not one, not 2, but THREE sweeteners in them. I've quit buying a lot of the mainstream items because of the processing, the fake ingredients & the chemicals.

Archived