MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

ierrific Thursday

moldy

Hello, all I am heading off to my second day on the new job. I really think I'm going to like it a lot. Funny, but I think one of the reasons God gave me this job is to help me 'hide' my preps. I think that at my last job I was a little too open, and now I have a fresh start in many ways. Yesterday went well, and was not near as overwhelming as I thought it was going to be.

BIL is coming tonight to pick up garden stuff for his family and MIL. Then I can finally start just clear cutting in the garden to finish up. Thiere is still just so much to do: cabbage to turn in to slaw and kraut (and can plain); carrots, beets to make into jelly if there are any left, pumpkins to deal with, melons.... I think the peppers and tomatoes are pretty much done, but I still need to mulch the strawberries and asparagus, plant bulbs, and bring in wood (gotta cut it first - but DH does that) before the snow flies. Last year, I was planting bulbs while it was sleeting!

There is still a lot I want to get done before the election as well. Even DH is starting to have his 'hink-o-meter' go off some - and that's really unusual.

Archived