MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A Fib and stroke

Momo

When I have problems with arrhythmia, I have found that supplementing with (even the cheap stuff) magnesium helps immensely.

During times of high stress, magnesium is depleted. Anytime illness, and particularly vomiting, strikes then one is likely to become deficient in magnesium.

I take 1000 mg per day when I'm having symptoms. If I remember to do so, I take 250mg per day the rest of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

When I have problems with arrhythmia, I have found that supplementing with (even the cheap stuff) magnesium helps immensely.

During times of high stress, magnesium is depleted. Anytime illness, and particularly vomiting, strikes then one is likely to become deficient in magnesium.

I take 1000 mg per day when I'm having symptoms. If I remember to do so, I take 250mg per day the rest of the time.

Low mag can cause arrhythmias. So can potassium being either too high or too low. So can caffeine, for the matter. However, those aren't the only things that can cause arrythmias. Sometimes a-fib is spontaneous (no obvious cause).

Too much magnesium can also can cause problems. If taking supplements helps you personally, that's great (you've found something that works for you).

• 3 weeks later...

HELLO2.jpg

Thank you all for this information, I too, sometimes have a problem with irregularly heart beats, even with my pace maker. I really need to do more reading up on the causes and such.

Thanks again.

HAVEAGREATDAYSNOWFLAKES.gifCHRISTMASHUGS1.gif

Archived