MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

cold prevention??

Just read this on Thriftyfun.com.....what do you think of this cold preventative?

I have not had a cold for 8 years, except for once when I neglected to do this preventive method. I take 1 Tbsp. of honey mixed with 1 Tbsp. of cider vinegar, each day. No, it doesn't taste good, but it is tolerable, and best of all, I don't get colds! Only once in 8 years have I had a cold. It was the two months I stayed with my daughter and neglected to continue with my home remedy.

I learned about this from a friend, who was a teacher of third grade children, and she never missed work from colds. As you know, teachers are targets for those pesky germs abundant in the classroom. Also years later, this teacher, who always had HER children take this home remedy, had a son that graduated from High School winning an award for never missing ONE day of school from Kindergarten to High School Graduation.

P.S. This teacher's father was a Pediatric Doctor!

By snooks from Lincoln, NE

I drink this all the time!

and it does work - I mix up a jug in the morning and drink from it all day long (about every other day works for me).

another thing you can do is wash you hands a lot, don't rub your face after 'touching' things out in public, and stay away from sick people and places.

BUT the most important thing is to DO IT eveyday and NOT wait until you are sick to start this plan.

:AmishMichael2:

• 10 months later...

Just read this on Thriftyfun.com.....what do you think of this cold preventative?

I have not had a cold for 8 years, except for once when I neglected to do this preventive method. I take 1 Tbsp. of honey mixed with 1 Tbsp. of cider vinegar, each day. No, it doesn't taste good, but it is tolerable, and best of all, I don't get colds! Only once in 8 years have I had a cold. It was the two months I stayed with my daughter and neglected to continue with my home remedy.

I learned about this from a friend, who was a teacher of third grade children, and she never missed work from colds. As you know, teachers are targets for those pesky germs abundant in the classroom. Also years later, this teacher, who always had HER children take this home remedy, had a son that graduated from High School winning an award for never missing ONE day of school from Kindergarten to High School Graduation.

P.S. This teacher's father was a Pediatric Doctor!

By snooks from Lincoln, NE

Use warm/hot water and add some cinnamon and it'll taste almost like warm apple cider. Make sure you use a good apple cider vinegar with the mother still in it like Bragg's. I find the taste is much better than the filtered stuff. The cinnamon is also good for your blood sugar.

I've been taking the Bragg's apple cider vinegar since August...nasty taking stuff...I take a gulp followed by a huge drink of water. I haven't been sick yet...and I've had green noses and fevers in my class since day 1.