MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Revolutionary War Pension Files...

Wheeler

I have a subscription to The Godfrey Library in Middletown, Ct. and through this site HeritageQuest has 'some' Revolutionary War Pension Files online and they can be downloaded and read with the Adobe Acrobat Reader program that most people have on their computers. If you have ancestors who served during the American Revolution and are not a subscriber to HeritageQuest I would be happy to do lookups for you. I would need a first and last name and the state that they lived in. I have found several of my ancestors pension files there and they're a lot clearer than the ones that I ordered from the National Archives in Washington, DC. But... the National Archives sent me a copy of every page and HeritageQuest just has what they considered to be the most important pages... Hope this helps somebody...

DH has a relative that fought then, but I can't remember his name right now. I'm going to have to search and see if I can find it. I sure wish I had computerized all my little bits of paper. It would be so much easier to keep track of everything.

Archived