MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cold Monday!

SueC

Good morning all

It is cold and miserable today. We have had light rain for about 4 days and it is starting to clear now. 2 loads I am trying to get ahead in one subject as the next has no textbook available yet.

Have a great day!

Sue

Hi Sue- I will gladly trade you some rain for some warmth- we are in the 100's for the 3rd day in a row now with no rain or change in sight...

Morning all! Still drinking my coffee trying to get more than one eye open. I'm exhausted.

Yesterday was a good day. I made 6 pints and 6 jelly jars of blackberry jelly. What was so tiring is having to make such small batches at a time. That was 3 canner loads, so it took a while. But I love making jelly. It's one of the easiest things to put up. Hubby and son#3 went picking again yesterday and brought back probably another gallon. So I'll be making it again today. I'm giving my son half of what I put up since he helped hubby pick.

I also picked beans yesterday. Got a gallon each of 6 week beans and half runners. I broke them last night and will fix the half runners for dinner with new potatoes from the garden. I'm going to can the 6 week beans today. It won't be much, but more than I have up now.

Also going to put a green tomato in the freezer. I picked another head of cabbage yesterday; going to dry that today. Is that all? I think so, it's hard to think right now!

Congrats on the ribbons, Snowmom! Can't wait to see them. I dread when we make the move. I've come to think of this place as my virtual home and it's going to be hard doing without it for a few days! I love chatting with all of you and seeing what you've been up to. If something ever happened that the site was no longer here, I'd feel like there had been a death in the family. You're a wonderful group of people.

Gotta run and get busy doing what I said I was going to do! Have a wonderful day!

Kaye

I want cold, too! Just going to be 95 here, but we still don't have a fan so by about 1 pm about all you can do is sit and sweat.

I have lots of dishes done, need to do some laundry but that is easy so I can do that in the heat. Dinner is on, beef brisket and gravy, which will form two more meals for later in the week. Haven't gotten much else done, Roan is already fussy from the heat (he's napping now) and we had some family drama last night so I was up late. Nothing major...I'm just so glad my kids aren't like my niece.

OK, off to read some more!

Mo6

i like working 6:30 - 2:30. i get to enjoy my after noon, and i do not have to spend the hottest part of the day leaning over a hot grill.

we are looking into buying a new car. i got a good raise. things are going well.

my only plans for this afternoon are to catch up here, and make dinner. i have no idea what i will be making. i think i will make spanish rice. pat will like that, its his favorite dish.

i am ordering some things from sears...including a new set of dishes. CLICKY

i am also ordering some stuff for sapphire and for another kid for her birthday.

well, pat just got home so i need to wrap this up. glad to be back!!

sears quit selling the dish set due to it being of poor quality. well, that makes me both sad and glad.

Archived