MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New message board features

Darlene

Although we ran into a bunch of glitches last week, with the old message board program having alot of corrupt files, and although we lost a few things along the way, the good news is...

We're at our new server! I dunno about you, but I have noticed that the site is TONS faster than it usta be and that makes me so happy cause I can be impatient. lol

We have a brand new chat program that makes the other one look like it was from the roaring 50's lol...it's pretty, it's user friendly, we can have several chat *rooms* going on at the same time, and best of all, we can log our scheduled chats!

We now have the ability to load up pictures stored on our computers into our posts. Alot of you have loaded your pictures at other sites and linked them here, but now you won't hafta do that anymore.

Our new board has a list of standard avitars that you can load up to show under your id when you post, and I'm sure we'll be finding new ones to add to the list.

MM worked for hours to change the color scheme of the board to match our logo and personally, I absolutely love it. In fact, my daughter walked up behind me tonight while I was on the site and commented on how different and pretty the new colors are...

The best news of all is that we are over the worst, our message board is totally updated and all the problem areas within the programming have been eliminated. We're on new servers that are more reliable, more up to date and much much faster, so I think in the grand scheme of things that alot of important things happened. We're settling into our new *home*, we're safe, we're more stable and we plan on being here for many years to come.

A HUGE heartfelt thank you to all our members and lurkers alike for your patience, your understanding, your cheerleading. I think I can safely speak for all of Admin that y'all make us proud and make the work that is done behind the scenes worth it all.

We hope that y'all are happy with the changes.

Not complain', just a question about color. The picture on the top left that says, "You are Home" and the bar that says, "The Best of Mrs. Survival", etc. are brown but the rest of the page is a pale greenish color. Not a problem, just wondering what color you're talking about that yours is.

Wow Dee...I'm not sure cause it's now showing on my computer like you're describing...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...maybe MM might have a better idea about what you're describing...

so I tried to upload a picture and it's there, but you have to know to look for the link thingie and click on it to see it. Is there some way to have the picture right in the post itself???

OK and now it says I cannot post but once every 10.8 minutes. Alot of times I have less time than that to go through and comment on the whole forum. grrrrrr.

Yeah I know, luna...I was hoping that it would show up in the actual post...oh well, at least it's a step in the right direction...maybe eventually the program will have an upgrade that allows that or maybe someday we can get a board that allows that.

As far as the timing of the posts, that's a setting we can change...I think the default was something along those lines to keep people from flooding the site with spam but I don't really think we have problems with that so I'll ask MM if we can lower that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Hi Darlene. I've been out of commission for a while and missed everyone so much. I just got back and I'm soooo confused because things seem different now. Evidently something changed computer-wise, but I checked and I don't see myself here anywhere. I've always thought I'm not sure where I'm at, but where did I go this time??

Archived