MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WELL, I GUESS IT'S TIME FOR ME TO POST

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

You'll have to forgive me, tho, if I don't say much. There are a lot of things going on and I'm a bit rattled, so I'm not feeling very talkative these days.

I'm doing okay, just not as well as I'd like, and between the heat we've had lately, and my arm hurting, and the thousand things I need to do and can't get done, I'm getting burned out.

I actually lost my temper and screamed at some of the construction guys this morning. I have a bad temper but, I usually have a lot more control than that, and I felt badly about it afterwards.

They tore out the greenspace across the street from our house, to build another parking lot, and they are out there before 7 am, and go all day. Everything is covered in dust, my van looks like a long abandoned vehicle, and I taste dirt every time I open my mouth, even in the house.

The constant noise is driving me up the walls, and I can't close the windows 'cause it's been so hot, we'd suffocate if I did.

I hear the construction noises all day, the bus noises all night, and the exhaust fumes have given me a constant headache.

This morning, I snapped. I stumbled out of bed and went in the bathroom to brush my teeth, only to discover they had inadvertantly shut off my water. I guess to be fair, it wasn't completely off, but the pressure was so low, it would have taken 5 minutes to fill a glass.

I stomped to the front door ( luckily, I was somewhat dressed shocked.gif ) threw the door open and started yelling and saying really nasty things to the guys that were relocating the fire hydrant. It used to be across the street but now, it's right next to my driveway. Four guys stopped dead still, and their mouths fell open. One came over to try to explain, while I was still yelling and trying to keep my dog from going out to eat them alive.

This was just another lousy day, in a long series of lousy days, and I'm reaching a breaking point. I did eventually go back out and apologize, but I had to yell at them later, when they told my DD she needed to move her car, as she was parking next to our house.

I'm ready to run away. I'm not sleeping well, I feel like I've been run over by an 18 wheeler, and I can't do anything I want to do, 'cause my arm is really messed up.

So, if I stay quiet, or scarce, it's because I don't like whiners, and all I want to do right now, is whine.

The only looming bright spot is, I may get to go to Vancouver, BC, Canada, with Jon next month. He has to take a seminar that's being held there (for work) and it's on the weekend of my birthday. I think I might actually enjoy it.

I'll come back when I'm feeling better about myself. In the meantime, would someone like to throw a BBQ? I'll just sit in the corner and watch...

Nana

[This message has been edited by nanapop (edited July 25, 2002).]

Nana, you can rant and I'll listen, I won't even get mad. I would be upset about no peace and quiet after a couple of days, too

No water, more upset........

The trip should help, hope you have fun.

------------------

lois.jpg

[This message has been edited by Lois (edited July 25, 2002).]

Guest Guest

Thanks Lois! I really appreciate your response.

I guess I forgot something, when I started my little rant.

This construction thing started in the middle of June, and it's supposed to go on for about 8 months. It has just gotten progressively worse.

The water is back on tho, and it'll stay that way until Monday, when they come back to finish the fire hydrant. At least I have some warning this time...

'Til later...

Nana

[This message has been edited by nanapop (edited July 25, 2002).]

Guest Guest

Ohhh, Nana!! I'm so sorry things are so crazy right now!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Karla}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

When they were widening the road out front of our house,they must've cut the phone lines 4 times. But water... that's different. frown.gif

**Cat brings over a green bean casserole and a couple of cheesecakes for the BBQ...**

------------------

cat.jpg

[This message has been edited by Cat (edited July 26, 2002).]

((((((Karla))))))

You can rant and rave all you want to here, we will all listen.

I know what you mean about noise, I don't like a lot of it eather. frown.gif The neighbor turns his radio on and the base on full, I call and tell them to turn it down.

But to have it go on for months like this, that is just terrible.

The heat, has been bad all over I think. Do you have A/C on? That should help some with the dust I would think.

I was so in hopes that your arm would be much better by now. I will continue to pray for you. Hope things get better soon.

Now, for the BBQ, lets see, veggies and chips, with dips. Also a tray of fresh fruits too. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Oh, what a drag!!!!!

We have a new housing tract being built across the street from us. The dirt that was stirred up was so bad we had layers of dirt in our houses. We have a swimming pool and within one day there was so much dirt in it that it completely filled my filter and I had to go out and clean it (this happened twice). They cut off our water more than once (although we did get a little notice). They cut the gas lines by accident and we had no gas a couple times and then they had to come and make sure we didn't have any leaks in the house. We get a lot of wind and the workers would leave their huge pieces of plastic, bags from lunch, etc. and then they would blow in our yard, and they wouldn't pick it up (unless we complained to the city). I finally lost it was when they were blocking our driveway and we couldn't get in or out. We had workers over there sometimes even in the middle of the night or a truck dropping off a tractor in the middle of the night. It gets frustrating....so don't feel bad. I don't think they realize what a strain it puts on the residences and they are not always considerate! Give yourself a break! smile.gif

I hope everything gets better for you soon, including your arm! smile.gif

Guest Guest

Oh Nana, I'm so sorry things are getting overwhelming. I brought some Barbacue chicken. Three different kinds. Was going to serve it to DH's family reunion tomarrow but what the hey, They can eat hot dogs.

(((((((((((NANA))))))))) Diane

------------------

diinmi.jpg

Guest Guest

What a miserable situation to have going on so long! :eek {{{{{Nana}}}} Want a glass of raspberry ice tea with a twist of lemon? I've also got pina coladas with a little umbrella if you'd like one smile.gif

------------------

becca.jpg

Guest Guest

Nana,

I've got the home-made ice-cream and corn on the cob for the barbque!

Bless your heart! (((Nana))) I can't even think of anything to suggest to help make things better. The least we can do is listen!

I'm sorry, but I did have to smile at the picture in my mind of you "somewhat dressed" and 4 construction guys with their mouths open while you yell and your dog snarls.

If you ever feel up to it, I would like an update on "The Case of the Constant Construction".

------------------

madkat2.gif

I brought cold pepsi and beer, here are three chilled watermelons, and here comes Big Brother Ed with his freshly dug clams to add to the steamer I brought with me.

NaNa we all have times like these and you just go ahead and let it out here.. we'll all listen.