MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello from Olympic Pennisula,Washington

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

it has been a cool summer and my garden did not do well with some things and ok with others....we are fine and learning to live with a large family again.....building a wash house and repairing the hay barn and hope to get a l00 sq ft addition added to daughters wee trailer....it will have a large commerical kerosene furnace in it and then a place for her dog and cat and 2 kittens to sleep this winter when it rains....hate wet dogs in the house , especially large ones...she is husky mix...stinks when she gets wet and has white hair and it sticks to my carpet.....no vaccum cleaner right now....but we are here for the duration of what have you.....we have my winter wood in and now will start working on winter hay...take care all and keep the faith..... motherearth.gif

Guest Guest

Hey Motherearth, too bad I didn't realize exactly where you are. My DH's family lives up in Pt. Orchard, and we were just in Olympia at the end of May visiting my family. Next time we're out visiting family maybe I'll stop by and say Hi smile.gif

My DH and I always come home wondering what on earth we are doing in IA. Someday we hope to move back home, we sure miss the weather in WA!

------------------

becca.jpg

Oh wow....you have a lot of work ahead of you!!! It sounds like a really neat place you live though!!!

My best friend lives in Everett, WA....how far away is Olympia?

Guest Guest

first we gotthe wash room done and will clean the barn this weekend and then start working it getting 7 tons of alfalfa and 4 ton of grass hay....will take my hheiffer to a friends to get bred and yes we have our hands full but it is getting done one step at a time....repair and build is what my hubby does best and i do the grunt work since he blew his right shoulder out...he is retired and just waiting for the state to make it final....weather is not to bad tomorrow and i have been hanig nclothes out ...was very 2-3 days and do about 7 loads for all of us....take care and keep the faith all motherearth.gif