MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Free Access to Ancestry.Com

Momo

I posted this in Penny Pinching but am also posting this here in case some of our genealogists miss it over there.

I do alot of genealogy but Ancestry is pretty pricy. In our area there are 2 places where you can gain access to it for free. Check your area. Look at libraries, Mormon churches, senior centers, etc. for free access.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It seem that they always have free time when I'm busy, so just haven't had a chance to use it. frown

Nett, have you gotten some sleep yet???

I really need to work on my genealogy as I haven't done much in a while now.

I have books that I need to get typed into my FTM. Just haven't taken the time to get them all in yet. frown

Happy hunting. smile

I finally let it all go at 4am and then was up before 9am....this stuff is addictive as all get out. yeh and i got a couple hours nap in today. WHO STARTED THIS?!? And you thought I went silly on a slight sleep deprevation? I am gonna have to call and early night and late morning to recover from this one. But being a single mom of three I guess I should be used to it by now.

Nett, you bet this is addictive, and once you get going, it is so very hard to put it down. So to speak. smile

I'm glad you are able to get some rest. smilebighugth6dee1705-2.gif

Boy, do I remember those LONGGGGGGGG nights, having too much fun to quit. I usually paid the price for the next several days. :-)

I need to take a trip to Ft. Wayne, IN and copy some stuff at the genealogy library. I always thought I had plenty of time. Now, we're moving away and my back is against the wall. eek

I am running into my ds1 fathers family is out west and I no longer am and am looking for any info concerning Rittenhouse. And I really have nothing to back against...AAAAYYY!!!

If you go to rootsweb.com and then go to the 'Search Family Trees', then put the names and any other information in, you will see that there are several others doing work on this name.

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi

There are two pages with Jesse Rittenhouse information so just maybe you might get some help there. smile

thYWPetunia.gif , I just hope you find some of your people there. smile

Also, you could try at US gen web. http://www.usgenweb.com/ go into the state you know of and then the county, if you have one and then do some checking in the queries. You can either just read the queries or you can post in there too. smile

I do hope you are able to get some help from these sites. smile Please let us know if you find some of your people. smilehavenicedayth6dee1705-2.gif

Archived