MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Just for Beb

Hi Beb, I started a new post like you said and it even has your name in the title.

Please do come over and help with the painting especially if you can stay in the lines. I am not big fan of painting. sadness.gif I painted the ceiling the other day, touched it up yesterday and my daughter and I primed the hallway, living room and dining room. We got most of the first coat on. Sort of a terra cotta color. Very nice. Still have the high ceiling and walls of front entrance to do.

As far as sitting, I'm not very good at that.

I start back at school on the 3rd of September.

So I will have a very nice hot cup of coffee waiting for you this afternoon, no wait it will be to hot then, how about a cold cider or beer? and chips.........

My daughter, Katie is going to do some painting while I am at work, then I will come home and drive her to work and get some more painting done. Then we have to go over to my friends place and feed her cats and guinea pigs, she's on holidays right now.

Oh well have to go play in the dirt, definately my favorite pastime,

See ya this afternoon.

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Hi ya Brigie!

I have one with my name on it??How sweet are you!!

Thanks for your hand....even if i have to get on my knees...it's a nice offer!

Yar i enjoy painting ....except ceilings..hate them.....anytime ....i'll come and help!

I'm a real good sitter too.....i have a big hynie to prove it....wish i had 1/2 your energy.....must be cuz i have such a long way for the blood to circulate...ya thats it....

Cold cider sounds great....i'll save the beers for you and Ed. How about i bring a huge platter of nachos with tons of melted cheese and olives and .....stuff.....i dunno ...on it.

Sept 3 is comin up fast.....wow.....so that means the bonehead stories will be all over. Oh well it was fun to read!

I'm off to the dentist.....see you later.....

Beb

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bc.FHX9AZpQpY9DM

Guest Guest

Hey want me to drag Dad over to help you paint? He's really good if he's careful of his knees. Me I hate to paint unless it's outside. di

------------------

diinmi.jpg

Hey Do.....looks like i'm not the only one who volunteers their hubby for stuff! *"Sure he'll be happy to drive you to Rhode Island" "Sure my hubby will........*

Hey how are the guppies getting along????

Hi Brigie ...Do and i are here....did ya have to work late? Hope you don't mind we started the nachos without you.....hey where's Snowie? Spot is snorrin...Anybody else wanna come to Brigies for a relaxing afternoon? (She wont put ya to work painting)

------------------

Hi there you gals, I have been sooooo busy today.

We had a surprise Birthday Party for my niece who is in the nursing home this evening. A picnic, so had to get things made for that today. I made potato salad, and cut up two watermellons and a cantalope, and cleaned some grapes to take. smile.gif So, see along with doing a load of clothes and such, I was busy. smile.gif

Sure seems like I did something else too, but now am so tired I don't remember. frown.gif Guess it is bed time here. smile.gif

I do hope the painting gets done, I wouldn't send my DH to help unless you wanted a new carpet. smile.gif He has a habit of spilling the paint. smile.gif Naw, he did it one time on OLD carpet and another time on the wood floor which was getting new carpet, so didn't matter at all.

School, wow, it sure won't be long before it starts, in fact, I think our grandkids in TX will start next week, I'm not sure, but think that is the date.

Hope all goes well with your playing in the dirt, Brigie. wink.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

wavey.gif

Hi Beb, Do, Snowy, and Snoring Spot, Dad(need to think of a nickname for you)

Glad you all came to my painting party, problem is I don't see any painting being done, I see some people sitting and talking

chatter.gif and eating. Wow must put you all to work pronto.

I did 7 hours in ladie's garden yesterday, 1/3 of an acre, overgrown. Beautiful place. I will put in another 3 or so today.

I came home with cash and plants. A hosta, St.John's Wort, and a new one called a Christmas rose, blooms in November and December. ( she said she thought this one was pink). I lovingly put them into their new dirt last night.

Painting is still not done, but will have to wait a day or two. I have a french lavender to bring to my parents tomorrow. I have put two in my own garden next to regular lavender.

This weekend in Vancouver, we have the air show, lots of noise , snowbirds flying in formation overhead, very pretty.

Beb I only drink no alcohol beer and ed laughs at that, the cider is low alcohol as well. The nachos tasted great, I'm sure but you guys ate them all.

Beb what did you have done at the dentist, my biggest fear is the dentist, hate it, hate it, hate it. My sister loves the dentist her favorite thing to do is to have her teeth cleaned. yechhhh.........

that's all for now,

Cheerio.........

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Hi Snowie!! How is Kaye doing?? Is she ever gonna get to visit us? She must have been thrilled with her party!!Hope your nice and rested today!

Hi ya Brigie,

Sorry about the paintin...I thought it was all done....so we ate and yapped waiting for you to get home.......i'll come back today if ya want?

I'm so happy you get to take home some new plants.....definite perk! What's the difference in the lavenders? (i planted a lavender and it croaked....maybe i have to much shade).

I don't think i've seen a Christmas rose...it's not a Christmas cactus is it?

Lets see...i went to the dentist to check to see if the gum surgery i had was healing after they took the stitches out....it was....good as new.

Yar.....dentist make me sweat and give me a case of the trots....but if you don't want to live on pureed foods the rest of your life .or sleep with your teeth in a cup...*as Martha S. says"it's a good thing"* (going to the dentist is way up there with a Mamogram and gyno)

Hey when i'm done painting ....i'll go with ya to the dentist and hold your little hand! Betcha Snowie and Do will too!

See Ya guys!

smooches,

Beb

------------------

Well, Beb, I don't know if she will get here to Mrs. S. She hasn't been on line for close to 3 weeks now. She has the internet, but either she just isn't up to it, or no one can take the time to help her. I know it is hard for her to read and type, but it is good for her too. smile.gif

Sometimes you know she is happy and other times you aren't sure if she is or not. If she really laughs, you know she if for sure. smile.gif But, she was really surprised to see some of the people there last night.

My sister and I had prayed for the rain to hold off until after the party and God kept us all nice and dry until just before we left. It was sprinkling when they took Kaye back inside. The rest of us got a few more drops on us. But, He did keep the rain away until after we had eaten and put things away. smile.gif

Now, for that painting, lets see just how much we can do Beb, Do, Spot and Dad so we can really surprise Brigie. wink.gif

I have a Christmas Cactus that blooms from just about Thanksgiving time until around Easter. I don't have many flowers at a time, but there is usually about 15-20 when it is at the best. smile.gif My cactus is about 50 inches from side to side, when stretched out.

Well, you all have a good day today and talk to you tomorrow sometime. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Hmmmmm...

Looks like you gals are having *entirely* too much FUN down here!!!

*grin*

**Cat leaves a big plate of chocolate chip cookies and some candy hearts...**

------------------

cat.jpg

Good morning all, Up at 5 this morning what am I crazy? lookaround.gif

Glad Kaye's party went well Snowy, I could be closer to go spend time with her. I never did get the whole story on why this happened to her being so young. How is her mental state and ability to communicate with you?

Hey Beb, why did you have gum surgery? I remember a lady I knew who had receeding gums, so they did surgery, she was in a lot of pain afterward. errrr.gif

The lady swears that this plant is called a Christmas rose, not a christmas cactus. I will have to remember to tell you about it when it blooms.

Brought home two mores hostas and an astibee yesterday, they went into their new dirt. I have already visited them this morning they said they were very happy.

Today I am off to see my parents before they go to Ontario and Quebec on two family reunions, they both come from large families, one of nine and one of eleven. Thanks goodness they are flying this time and not driving. My mom just turned 72 and dad 71, they usually drive. They have a place near Scotsdale, Arizona that they drive to every winter.

I am going to see what they need done while they are gone, weeding, lawn mowing and watering. Big property, my mom and dad are excellent gardeners and have about 1/2 an acre, backing on to railway track. Just love it there. They are only about 25 minutes away. Will leave children sleeping when I come back it is lawn mowing and painting.

It looks like we are in for some hot weather again, it has been like fall lately, but will go back up into the 90's next week.

well that's all my news,

I hope you fairing well snoozing spot.

Hey Do, how are the guppies now, and how is your dad? Not meaning anything by putting them both in the same sentence. giggle

Hey Beb, Lavender needs quite a lot of sun, the french lavender has a frillier leaf and smells much stronger. The flowers are more pink than the regular lavender, which are purple.

Oh and mamograms and paps are horrible but do not instill the fear in me that a dentist can. Must make appointments for kids and I before school start. Also overdue for mamogram.

I will let you know when dentist appt is and you can come and hold my hand.

See ya soon

Thanks for the cookies and candy hearts Cat.

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Mornin!

Hey Brigie, I knew what you were talkin about.(So you forgot a"L"). Nice plants! Thanks for telling me the difference between the two lavenders...The french one sounds very pretty. Funny thing -if you remember to tell me about the Christmas rose-will i remember what we were talkin about?????

Your folks place sounds just great! They are sure blessed to have such a wonderful daughter to help like you do!So glad you don't have to worry about them driving...but then again flyin is scary too.Hope they have fun at the reunion!

Yup the gum surgery was for receding gums (i guess i brush to hard) plus i had a wisdom tooth out (don't say i should have kept it)

And it was sore for a week....not a biggie.

I wish i could go with you Brigie!! Don't be scared! ANd make that boobie squishin appt!!

Have fun with the kids paintin and stuff! Snap that whip!! whip.gif

I won't say don't work too hard.....i know better! See ya later Brigie!

Hi Snowie,

So happy the rain held off!! Gods Great timing!

Hi Cat,

Thanks for the goodies!

Hi Everybody else!! Have a great Day!!

Beb

------------------

Good morning ladies. smile.gif Hope you had a good night. We had storms, so I didn't sleep the best. But, I brought some warm muffins anyway. wink.gif

Brigie, how is the painting going, is it done yet???

About Kaye, she had her first stroke at the age of 26. Her blood pressure was high and it caused a stroke, the stroke caused her kidneys to stop working. It also left her with bad eyesight. One eye is still not good, but she sees from the other one. She was on dialysis for a few years then received a kidney transplant.

The night she had the second stroke, she had driven about 200 miles to take a friend to the air port in Minneapolis, St. Paul area. On her way back she ran into a snow storm, it was mid March. She was only able to drive 30-35 mph for the last 30 or more miles. She stopped at our house and spent the night. She said she had a head ache, so I gave her something for it. When I went to wake her up, she couldn't get up. We called the ambulance and they took her to the hospital.

From the one hospital, they took her to Fargo, ND to the hospital.

We feel it was the stress of the driving that caused her to have the stroke. There would have been a lot of eye strain and just stress with 10 inches of snow and not being able to see the road good.

She has times she is very sad, and no one can fault her for that. But, most of the time she is ok. She talks but sometimes she has to repeat things for me to hear it.

Oh, yes, the transplanted kidney failed too so she is back on dialysis again. frown.gif

She does not like the food at the nursing home so eats very little of it. Therefore, they have been feeding her by a tube for several months now. That is why we take something in when we go each week.

Kaye's mom was my oldest sister. So, I guess I am almost like a mother to her. In fact, she sent me a 'Mother's Day' card that said that very thing. smile.gif It was an e-card.

She has been on line for several months but she just doesn't get on line much. I am not sure if it is because she doesn't ask or if they are so busy they don't have time to help her.

Her eye sight is bad so when I write to her on line, I make sure it is in large print. smile.gif

Well, you all have a good day now. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Hi Beb, snoozing and snoring Spot, Snowy, Do and Cat(hmmm, Spitting cat, no, snarling cat, no...... purring cat hmmmm)

How are you all this morning? Glad you all endured my ramblings from yesterday.

Thanks for the update on Kaye Snowy, I hope she comes on line.

Glad you gums are better Beb.

Do where are you? Hey that rhymes, I'm a poet and didn't even know it. rotfl.gif

See I do have grade two and three mentality.

Two jobs today, maybe I'll get some more plants.

Have a great day everyone.

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Good morning everyone, I did this once and it didn't work so am doing it again.

You are welcome for the update on Kaye. smile.gif She like the rest of us has her good days and her bad days.

I may not post much in the next 2 + weeks, as we will have two of our young grandsons here until Sept. 1st.

So, everyone needs to keep the posts coming.

You all be good and don't work to hard. smile.gif

Hope your painting gets done, Brigie.

Have a good day everyone. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Thanks Snowie, I hope you have a great visit with your grandchildren. Don't let them wear you out. Ice cream cones are the answer to everything, so are mini chocolate bars, that's what my mom gives to her grandkids. Little ones and big ones alike.

I only have the entrance hall to finish painting and that is going to have wait a few days, way to hot right now.

Hey Beb where are you?

I have two jobs again today, will finish early afternoon because after that it will be to hot.

Have a great day.

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Sorry Brigie,

I was busy yesterday....went to a surgeon to see if i can get this dang gallbladder yanked out before it gives me trouble again....The old guy said sure he'll yank it....so i have surgery schedualed for Sept 10th.......

Hey did you get any new plants??

Sorry your in a hot spell.....we are too....if your hot...where are we supposed to get our"cool Canadian front" from????

It's an aweful shame about Kaye having strokes so young.....we sure have to thank God for our health!!!!

Snowie....have a wonderful time with the boys!! Hope they don't poop you and Old Pine out too much....I'd hold off on the chocolate bars till ya know they are leaving....boing...boing....that's all you need!........We'll miss you Snowie!

See ya around Brigie Baby!!

------------------

OK I'm back. I keep bugging Dad but he keeps finding jobs at the cabin to do????? GOSH WHAT'S left to do DAD???? I'm Beat and have to still do my 3 dogs nails. ICK. But the poor babies need a trim. See you all tomarrow. do

------------------

diinmi.jpg

Oh Beb I missed you so much yesterday, I had to go around the country looking for you. wiggle2.gif

Sorry about your gall bladder don't know much about it?them? Don't you need for something or other? Do I sound clueless?

What is the recuperation time for this operation? What can and can't you do after for how long?

No new plants yesterday, but I ate peaches off of her tree, so yummy.

Sorry we can't send you any cool weather, we don't have any right now.

Hi do, nice to hear from you, glad your keeping dad busy. Do the dogs like having their nails trimmed?

I have two jobs to do today, and a cheque to pick up yah.............

Should be home before it gets too hot, my daughter Katie is taking the car tonight out on the hunt for a car for herself.

Taking care of neighbours yard and my parents yard as well as everything else. Got caught up at the neighbours yesterday picking at their Rhodo plants. Very addictive, son was trying to find me for a phone call and I answered from the neightbours yard. Now he really thinks his mom has lost it.

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Why Thank you Brigie ..it's awfully nice to be missed! sloppy.gif

I guess your gallbladder is one of those diposable organs....you can live without it. (forgot to ask how) Just know that sucker hurts like heck and i want it out!

The doc says i will be sore for about a week. It shouldn't be a major thing-no major slicing. Just holes here and there to stick scopes and cameras and grabby things in to squish it(it's the size of your fist and it's gotto fit through a 1" cut) and yank it out.(that's if there are no complications-then it's the major slice and dice and longer recovery).Thanks for askin.

Hope Katie finds a car!! A big Safe car!

Now her auntie bebbie worries about her.

Happy Rhodo pluckin.

Hi Do and Dad!

And Everybody!

smooches,

beb

------------------

Back at you Beb sloppy.gif

Hey Do, where are you? There's that rhyming thing again, giggle. Your don't want to start trucking around looking for you to,do you? wiggle2.gif

Glad that it is not a necessary body organ, Beb. Hope all goes well and you are not going to be in pain anymore.

Back to ladies garden again today, working on her front yard today. Maybe I can "borrow" another peach from her tree.

Katie did not find a car yesterday, good news, the one she wanted was to small for my liking. Thanks for asking.

Hey Do, how are your peppers? Mine are pathetic.

Have a great day, hope you are having fun with the grandchildren Snowie?

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Hi all. I'm up at the cabin. Went to see Gingers daughters 4 H chickens today. Boy there weren't many small animals at the fair. But it was fun. Well Dad and I will be cutting down a major tree tomarrow. It's spliting and has ants in it. Close to the house so has to go. Glad you all, are doing good. Be back to give you a tree cutting sumery ( sp?) do

Sorry about not painting but have to get that tree down. Love ya di

------------------

diinmi.jpg

Do and Dad,

PLease be careful!!!!!! Now i gotto worry about you guys getting squashed like bugs.

Let us know!

Hi Brigie,

Tell Katie to hold out for a caddy..

When you gonna ship us some cool air?? Can't take much more of this stuff...it was over 100* yesterday.

Night now.....see ya tomorrow!

Beb

------------------

Hey Do and dad you be careful now cutting down that tree. Like Beb says we don't want the two of you squashed like bugs.

Beb, Katie found a car yesterday, we get insurance and transfer papers today. It is a 1991 red Honda civic. Very cute, definately suits her. I am so pleased that we found it together. She is soooo excited.

Me too

Going to take the morning off to get everything straightned out with her, needs a new windsheild, has a crack in it, I will buy this for her as an early birthday present.

Going out to mow and water and week at my parents today. Whew, it is hot here as well, but not quite 100. Sorry you guys are suffering so.

See ya tomorrow.

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif