MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Who your alter-ego is...

Cat

I've been doing some work on the Member List to adjust everyone's settings so the important ones are the same, since some of our people register and then just lurk (so they don't DO settings).

I've come across the reason why *you* have the particular name you do in your old post.

It's just whoever happens to be above your name in the Member List. For some reason, it transfered the info to THAT person.

So no little gremlin actually *CHOSE* that particular name for you... it was chance.

was hoping maybe MM could go into the system and find out where the post name is and do something like make it 'member number plus one'?

Or for members like us who's alter-ego has 0 posts (cathyV) just change it to Amishway Homesteaders so it shows up that way on old posts?

But a least we are still here and posting..............

Unfortunately, it's over 100,000 posts.... I would if I could, though.

What it is, is what it is...

Like you say, at least we are up and running now, and more stable than in the past.

We just move forward and rebuild from here.

if you are worried about some particular post (in your alter ego's name) you can bring them up, put them into word or similar program, copy and paste with your own and delete the alter ego. (that is how Mom is fixing the herbal posts, So people know who to direct their questions to.) This will only work with your own alter ego. You will notice that Mom has added some important posts from other members at the end of some of her 's because when she deletes her alter ego, the replies after them don't make sense without the original post there. Check out natures prescriptions and you will see what i mean. It's a lot of extra typing to add these responses but some times they are VERY important to the subject!!

Archived