MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Days of our lives - Part 4

Alrighty....don't know what I was doing wrong..........

It is raining here, again, big surprise, no end in sight. Sure is soggy, but mild.

Smommy sounds like you will have a great xmas day. That is still a lot of people.

Do, your lights sound beautiful. I actually got lights put up around the outside of the house this year.... we live on a hill and our driveway is very steep, so it was kind of tricky. Very scary when I went up on the roof and cleaned out the eaves..... Still have to do the front ones, really far down when you are up on the roof.

Blebbie your hubby must be able to stand up to pee hahahahahaha.

MM have you been over to see Spit and help her unpack yet?

I talked to my mom and she said that they kept Pat's stepson in the hospital for 2 nights now.... he is dehydrated and can't keep anything down..... poor guy. Mom in law is staying with them right now for the next month so that should help.

Was going to get the tree today, but with this rain, no way.

Have a great day everyone.

------------------

brigid.gif

Hi again to all of you. It sounds like everyone is busy with the holidays. Just think next week, 10 days and it's here. It's hard to believe when we almost hit 60 degrees yesterday and the sun was shining to boot! I'll take all of it we can get, I'm not complaining.

Hope Pat and his stepson both start feeling better soon Brigid. It's just a shame!

Our aunt is in the care center Debbielee. She needs 24/7 care as she's been crippled from polio since she was a child and can hardly walk anymore. Also, she's in diaper type things and has just recently had a colostomy. I go see her everyday and today she wants a chicken dinner from a special restaurant she likes so we're taking it in to her. We know it won't last but while she's enjoying it we'll bring her anything she thinks sounds good.

Di, sounds like your mom and dad are busy and happy. I know what you mean about some people overdoing the Christmas decorations but then there's me who could to do much more than I do. grin.gif

Always fun seeing the nieces and nephews isn't is Snow? We just don't get to spend enough time with them.

Like the rest of you, I worry about Ed and Peg and hope we hear from them soon!

------------------

dee.jpg

Your a great page starter Brigie.....only problem.....people won't know what your talking about when your talkin about peeing.

That's great that Pat's Mom-in-Law is staying for awhile.....can she cook better than her daughter?(you said it)... Then Pat won't have to worry about cooking while he's so sick! Way bummer about Pat's step-son....don't they have enough to deal with?

How many kids all together Brigie?

Hi ya Snowmommie......I'm sure you and your family have awesome memories of Christmas at your house.....isn't it wonderful to know you make memories happen that are so special -people remember forever!

Dee.....i'm so glad your aunt has you and your hubby to watch over her! Just like Snow watches over Kaye.....What a group of special people you are!

My grandmother had a colostomy.....not fun!

I'm so glad your aunt is in a place that takes good care of her!

Hi everybody else.....hope you all are enjoying your Sunday!

smooches,

deb

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

Good morning everyone. smile.gif

Sorry to hear that Pat's son is so ill, hope he gets better real soon. Glad someone will be able to help with the cooking and such so Pat won't have to do it all.

Dee, it is worth it all, isn't it, to help where we can. smile.gif Glad you were able to find someplace for your aunt that is close enough to you that you are able to go so often to visit her.

We only go see Kaye once a week, and we too take her something to eat and usually a movie to watch. Unlike your aunt, we have no idea how long Kaye has as she is very young and should live another 40+ years. I fee so sorry about her problems.

Well, you would have thought that yesterday was 'Friday the 13'. I cut my finger and took a bit of skin and meat off of it. I some how hurt my thumb and I can't even turn the faucet off using it. I have no idea how I sprained it, if that is what I did.

It was colder her yesterday than it had been the day before, but it was still sort of nice. Don't think it got up to 40 though. They are talking rain, sure hope they are wrong. If we have to get something, I hope it is snow. Don't like the icy roads. frown.gif

I have been wondering about Spit too, wonder if she is getting all unpacked? MM are you helping her? smile.gif Bet you are busy doing your job with the newspaper.

We put the Christmas Cards in the mail last night and have some pkgs. to get off today if they aren't to much. I have to remind myself next year to watch the weight. frown.gif

Hope everyone has a great day. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Morning all, wet and soggy morning here in BC. Had a giant windstorm yesterday, didn't hit my little town as bad as others.

So sorry about your aunt, Dee, how nice of you to see her everyday, she must really appreaciate it. Same with Smommy visiting her niece Kaye.

Hey Blebbie don't worry about the comment anyone can cook better than Pat's wife.

Stepson Charles was still in the hospital last night, three nights in. They think that it is just the flu and want to keep him hydrated. Pat has 6 kids altogether. 2 stepsons from his first marriage, grown now, 2 stepsons from this relationship and 2 biological children from this relationship. His own children are Olivia just turned 3 and Patrick is 9.

The rain stopped yesterday and we went and got our tree, it is very pretty all decorated and ready. I am truly done shopping, oh wait, one more tonight for my ex from his kids. Then I am truly done. Made snowman soup in a bag for all the little ones for Christmas Eve.

Smommy good luck in the lines mailing the last of your parcels.....

Do, hey hey

MM where are you and how is spit?

Will go visit others in other parts of the world.

Have a great day.

grin.gifgrin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Hi all, I'm at working and working so hard! grin.gif Actually, I'm putting some of our new books on the SILO for inter-library loan and decided to see what's going on here.

Ouch Snowmom, I sure hope your finger feels better by this afternoon. Amazing how quick those things happen!

Oh yeah Debbielee the pizza was good and so was seeing the kids. I have deer steak in the crockpot for supper since I get off at 6:00 tonight. DH said the smell about drove him out of the house at noon. I think it's the spices and vegetables I use, sure hope it isn't the meat!

Nice to see you back MM. Am sure Spit is busy enough w/o having to come here and have us bug her. wink.gif

Glad it finally stopped raining enough to get your tree cut and up Brigid. Rain sounds foreign around here this time of year. I'd rather have the snow than rain turning to ice....hate that ice!

Lois, I just love your wolves. I don't know if I've ever told you that but they are so pretty!

Keep on lurkin Twi. smile.gif

------------------

dee.jpg

MM did the wolves. I just love them, I told her what I like and she created what I think is truly "me". She is really amazing!

------------------

lois.jpg

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when

our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Ouchie Snowmommie!!!!!! Are you alright?

It's amazing how much we take our healthy body/body parts for granted......until we do hurt then is some way....i burned 3 fingers grabbing my curling iron barrel....left it on all night and didn't know.....stupid stupid! But my point is......just hurting a finger messes things up....(and also makes me think all the more about people with real hurts and sicknesses).....hmmmmmmmm

Hope your better soon Snow!

Hi Brigie....saw your area on the weather chanel and i was wondering how things were going....so glad you missed the brunt of that storm!

I can see your be-ute-iful Tree from here.....great job decorating! Done with your shoppin? Mannnnnn.....i'm not! frown.gif

Hope Spit's surviving her move....and not injuring anymore of her important parts!

How's the writting coming MM?

Hi ya Dee....read your reply to Snowies post in the within forum......(nice post snow)....

Holiday's sure can be bittersweet!

Here's to happy memories!

Have a great day everyone!

love,

deb

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited December 16, 2002).]

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!! smile.gif

Just trying to wake everyone up. wink.gif

Spit must be having fun trying to get everything in place now. With Christmas coming so soon and all, she has to very busy.

I think MM knows how to really make th sigs, and she always does just what we each want. I love all her sigs, well now, let me see, I think I remember one. No, not really.

Lois, good to see you here too, and Twi, you must post, not just read here. wink.gif

Hope Pat and his family are doing ok this week. You too, Brigie, hope you are getting things done so you don't have it all to do next week. Bet your tree is very pretty.

Beb, glad you don't have to be out of the house yet, at least you don't have to hurry and find something you might not like.

Good to see you posting here too Dee, and now we have something going in the 'Great Midwest. smile.gif

Happy to say that my thumb is much better today and that my little finger is a bit better. It is still sore, but will be for another day or two, I am sure. Thank you all for your concern.

We got a bit of snow last night, just enought to see the dog tracks on the deck. Don't know if it rained first or not, I hope not. I hate these icy roads.

Didn't get anything done around here yesterday as Old Pine wanted to go shopping. So, I went along for the ride. grin.gif

We did mail the pkgs though so the kids and DH's brother and Sil should get their pkgs by the end of the week or at least by Monday. MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! has postage gone up or what. It cost almost as much to send some as what it cost for what was in the box. frown.gif

Well, guess I better get going and see where else I need to post. smile.gif

Have a great day everyone.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Peek-a-boo Snowmom, I'm following you all over this morning!

You're right about MM's sigs Lois. I told her what I liked and my sig shows my lifestyle and what I like most in living where I do, the open spaces, green grass and the beauty of nature. She's good!

I guess no one but Snowmom and Lois have written since I did last night so it's not my turn afterall! See you later. grin.gif

------------------

dee.jpg

I'm awake Smommy quit yelling, lol...Dee you can post whenever and as many as you want....... Nice to see so many faces down here..... glad your finger is feeling better Smommy.....

Thanks for the update on Spit, MM, glad she survived the move, sounds like she will have some stories to tell.....

I like your wolves to Lois....

Blebbie met your friend Linda upstairs, is she as crazy as you????? put that curling iron down, didn't I tell you it was hot, didn't I tell you to unplug it? Boy you sound like my daughter, she burnt the tip of her ear yesterday with the curling iron, and wanted sympathy, I laughed .........

My little sis is in the air right now, as we speak, coming from Atlanta, yippee, so excited...... Pat's stepson is out of the hospital and holding some food down, Pat sounded great yesterday, said he wasn't in any pain, one day at a time. Thursday is the big day, appointment with the oncologists to see if they can do anything, since the tumors are not shrinking. We are all holding our breath........

Anyways, will try not to worry can't do anything about it, just glad he had a good day yesterday, haven't heard from him yet this morning.

I hope you all have a great day, get some shopping done, the weather man said we might get snow on Friday, yikes.......

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Hello Ladies!

It's so much fun hangin out with you all....

I think Lois's siggie is one of my favorites....seems we all love it!

Hi Dee......Hi Twi....Hi Snowmommie.....glad you fingers are better today!

Hey Brigie....will be praying for Great news Thursday....and Let us know when your sister safely arrives!

No....Linda is a lady...not fresh like me...with a kind heart.....i know your gonna love her.

Who else is having family fly in?

I'm gonna meet my oldest nephews new wife and baby (in the tummy) for the first time....and haven't seen my nephew in 2 yrs....he's a Marine stationed in Ca. That's gonna be nice!!

Dee didn't you say someone was flying in?

Have a great one Everybody!

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

Good morning everyone. smile.gif

Happy to hear that Pat is feeling good and hope it keeps up. Thank you for letting us know that his son is out of the hospital. I am sure he will be able to eat more each day.

Dee, we just post when we want to and I do it when I get on about the first post I make. I usually don't get back on line after I go off in the mornings. Sometimes I get on to get the e-mail in the evening but not much other than that. Therefore, if no not many have posted, I post anyway. smile.gif

Sure will be good to see Spit back on here as soon as she can. Bet she is so busy now and with the Holidays next week and the next, she has to be really moving. Hope her foot is much better now.

MM, how is the writiings going? Hope you don't have to have 3 or 4 every day yet.

Beb, sounds like you will have a great time with your company. smile.gif

Kids will be coming up from another town about 1 1/2- 2 hours drive from us. Then, I am sure we will have the 2 grandsons again for a week, or at least a few days. smile.gif

Hope you all had a great day yesterday. I feel sooooo gooooood today. I got all the wrapping done yesterday. Today I am going to bake something. Probably pies, then freeze them. I don't like doing everything on the 24th.

Weather is NOT good here, it is sleeting now and so that means slick roads. Old Pine said just before he left that if this keeps up all day, we will NOT be going in to see Kaye tonight. frown.gif So, hope it stops soon.

Have a great day everyone. See you all tomorrow.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Good morning all,

Guess what?????? It's raining hahahahaha more rain and more rain and more rain,,,

Blebbie Lee nice for you to see your nephews, and a fresh baby, so fresh not even out of the oven yet.....

Hey Smom, you said that the weather was bad and you might not see Kaye tonight. I thought you went to see her on thursdays,.. I must be so mixed up........

Only three more sleeps and then I am off, hurray..........It will be a nice break....

Hi to everyone else today, hope you all have a great one.

We are having our Christmas concert today, should be cute.........

My sister is here, my sister is here, well not here but in Vancouver./........Going to see her tomorrow night.

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Allright Brigie.....Sissy is here! ANd your getting time off.....how long ya got? A week? Hope so...then you have plenty of time to visit!!!

I'm with you.....i thought Kaye day was thursday......What-up Snowie?

Yeah....it's gonna be great visiting with the phew and wife and bun in the oven....sure wish the baby was in the outside so i could play with her....it's a girl.....and my nephew is one of 6 boys...been alooooong time since i've changed a girl diaper......i just hope i get to see her before she's in college.

Hi everybody....have a great day!

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

Morning everyone! Well, I guess the Christmas spirit has hit me, not quite sure yet. Made TheGiant drag down the Christmas tree from the attic last night... gonna get it set up today sometime.

Spent all day yesterday cleaning the living room and moving and sorting things so I could decorate for the holidays. The ornaments have been out for days from the closet.

TheGiant and I are having troubles with our relationship, and I am planning on leaving for home after the first of the year sometime just not sure when yet. Can't stay with someone I don't trust anymore and I found some things on his pc that have me so upset I just will not deal with it anymore.

I miss my kids terribely and Iam gonna take my butt home and stay there! Forget about men... they can have themselves and keep themselves.. I just wanna be where I am happy and it sure aint here.

I just love traveling from the midwest to Canada everyday. Only problem is I don't fly so it's a loooong looong trip.

Twi, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with the Giant. I hope whatever is best comes to you soon. It's so hard knowing what to do.

Cool Brigid that you're getting some time off. You and your sister can have some good times, shopping or eating or whatever you two like to do.

Debbielee, little girls don't shoot you when you change them and "that's a good thing"! smile.gif

How fun Snowmom getting to have your grandchildren staying with you. How old are they?

As I sit here writing this the sun has come out and the fog has pretty well lifted so I guess I'm off to see my aunt.

Have fun!!!

------------------

dee.jpg

Good morning everyone.

Hope you all had a great day yesterday. Just read Spits post and she has really had problems. Getting hurt so much, I would have quite long before I finished had it been me. frown.gif

I am so happy for you Brigie, I know you will have all sorts of fun with your sister. smile.gif

Ok, sorry I have you all tangled up. wink.gif

Wednesday evenings, Old Pine and I go in to visit with Kaye. Then on Thursdays, I go in and help with Chapel at the nursing home. smile.gif

We got there last night and they had already left with Kaye, they took her Christmas Shopping. smile.gif So, one of the nurses found some stuff and with what I had taken in, we decorated her room for her. I know she was surprised, even though we left before she got back. smile.gif

It was nasty all day and last night it was foggy as well. This morning it is snowing. Old Pine just called a bit ago and said the roads are not good at all. Therefore, if it is still snowing about 9:00 I don't think I will be leaving the house today. No one wants to take chances on getting hurt, falling or driving. I will just wait and see what happens in a while.

Twila, I am so sorry things aren't working out with you and the Giant. I thought things would be good for you and him. frown.gif

You need to be where you can be happy that is for sure. I understand you missing your kids and grandkids. I know I sure do miss ours that are in TX. and those who are only a couple hours away, as we don't see them that often.

Dee, this is fun, isn't it. We can travel and never leave the chair.

The two little boys who stay with us now and then, are 5 and 3. The 5 year old is one who had such a time with colic when he was a baby and we took care of him about as much as his parents did. I have a very special bond with this one and I hope it lasts forever.

I love all the grandchildren, but this one has a special place in my heart. He loves to come here and stay with us as does the younger one.

The older one, 13, is a 1/2 brother. He isn't into coming to stay with us. He likes to stay home and do his own thing.

The grandchildren in TX. are 13, 10, 7, and 3. I do wish they were closer so we could have them stay here too. They were real close to their other grandparents, then the grandparents moved to Ark. So, they don't see them as much either.

Hope you had a great visit with your Aunt, Dee. I know it has to be very hard on these people in the nursing homes. Kaye has been there for over 3 years now, or is it over 4 years. The way time goes by so fast, it is hard to remember.

Well, you all have a great day now.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Morning all....... 2 more days and then I'm off, hooray...... I am off until January 5th.

Talked to my sister last night on the phone, taking the kids over for supper tonight to see her and hubby......

Pat has a major appt. today..... please send good vibes....

Blebbie Lee, Nphew, hahahaha love that, I hope you get to the baby when she is born.... What's the due date?

Smommy, sorry we were so confused. That was nice of you to decorate her room, I am sure she loved it.

enjoy the grandkids.

Dee, glad you could come for such a lonng walk, don't fly huh.....I love to fly.....can't afford it but love it.......

Twi so sorry hear about you and the giant... do what you have to do, take care of youself.

Everyone else have a great day...... I am off to land of small excited people.... school two days before Christmas holidays.

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Hi ladies!

Hey Snow.....wonder how both Brigie and I messed up and thought you visited on thursday...hmmmmmm.....I know Kaye loved your decorations....your the best!

Howd it go with Pat today Brigie?????

Hope you have Great news!!

Have a wonderful visit with Sissy!

The due date is around Feb 12-ish.....

Gotta run....got a line forming for the puter......anybody gonna watch the last Survivor tonight?

Smooches!

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg