MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Darlene

Garlic Jelly - Water Bath Canned

those big chefs knives are awsome! i used to use paring knives for everything because my mom did...then i dated a chef.....;)

how can i change this recipe so that i use dehydrated garlic? the health board has said that i am not allowed to use fresh garlic because it would have to be tested before i can use it.

it seems like a hasstle...pay 5 times as much for the dehydrated garlic just so i can rehydrate it to make jelly....my cost per jar is about 2.50 i am charging 4.50 but this is gonna bring up the price. frown

Can I ask why? I mean I've never really heard of this til I joined here, and I never thought to ask before. Is the stuff in the jar made so it won't can? Unsafe?

If I remember correctly, there is some oil in the "jar-lic" which is not something you'd want to add to your canning. Also, the texture of the jar-lic is different than fresh and I'm not convinced that would can up the same.

I had my Garlic lab tested and the PH was 3.8, in the safe range so I can selll it. It needs to be below 4.6. I have NO idea what the heck that means or anything, but as long as i dont have to mess with dehydrated garlic. also, i bought a kilo of garlic for 1.70!!! WOWEEE!!! laugh

i need more pectin!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.