MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Back To The Sandbox

Karen

Please add my son Ac1 Alex Bustard, back on our prayerlist. He just got back from Iraq on Jan 6th, he's going back again in March. He's been having a hard time re-entering "normal" life because he keeps having nightmares of what he's seen and done and they're sending him and his platoon back for another round. I had thought he was in a relativly "safe" area while he was there, only to find out he was a gunner on a convoy while he was there. There's no telling what he's going to be doing this time. He said that once you land over there, there is no more Army, Air Force, or Marine, you're Americans and you do what they say. That's why he worked with the Marines more than anything. I had tried to wean myself off xanax when he came home, that idea went the way of the wind.

my prayers are with you. I have a son in the air national guards. He has been back for a year. And their has been talk of his unit going back. This is so hard on everyone, the solders the family. I went through this with my husband when he was in VietNam. And he has never veen the same since.

• 2 weeks later...

I will continue to pray for all the soldiers still serving. My nephew is headed home. He was also a front gunner for convey. One hundred forty seven missions.

Karen, I'll continue to for your son and family, as for all of those over there.

I'm so glad that your nephew is coming home, etdeb.

I too pray that it will be over soon. I'm so thankful for all of the men and women who have been there and returned safely. I feel so bad for the families who have lost loved ones over there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Karen, how are things, is your son back in Iraq now??

Everyone else who has people over there, let us know who and where they are.

Jerry is home and working but still in the Guards. He has 2 years left before he can retire from the service.

thblessthemall.gif

Keeping them all in my PrayersLavenderRose.gif

Archived