MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Having trouble getting into the forums

Mother

I can get into other areas of the site but nine out of ten times I get a "this page can not be displayed" window when I try to go directly to the forums. Even the shortcut on my desktop won't work most times. Sometimes I can click on it a few times and eventually have it work or go into it from another part of the site but it's driving me nuts.....Not that it takes much to do that

If it's your computer, it's mine too...the same thing has been happening to me all day. I got in once and was posting some stuff and got the "this page cannot be displayed" message and couldn't get back in. I'm on DSL and it is taking forever to get on here, if at all.

Q

There are some issues going on with the site. However, our resident guru, Mountain Momma, has been busy with her life and can't get here at the moment to sort things out for us, and we don't have anyone else here who knows the script.

It seems to be fine at some times, not so fine at others. I had a hard time yesterday, but no problem at all last night, and the site was very busy with lurkers last night so I don't think it's a traffic issue, unless it's the server.

Rest assured that the problem probably is not your computer, and that it will be resolved here as it can be. I, for one, have a hard time being patient when I want to read here, but it's definitely teaching me that LOL.

Keep checking back when you can!

Mo7

We also have to remember that, this time of year, lots of folks are buying computers with their IRS refund. That means, lots more users, and it takes awhile for the new traffic to equalize. That means an overall slowness to the internet as a whole-which does contribute to our own issues. That would also coincide with Belle's comment above-folks go to bed or go watch TV or spend family time, and traffic dies down.

I have noticed less problems when I'm able to get here very early, as well.

Mo7

Glad to know it is not my computer--I have been having all of the problems mentioned above. I get the page can not be found a lot and it is soooo slooooow.

I too have tried other sites and I don't have this problem,

please don't crash---I need you!!!!

I was able to get ahold of MountainMommy and asked her to look at this. If it's a server problem, then I'll upgrade to a bigger server as we are definitely growing fast.

Thanks for your patience.

Maybe cuz I've been so tied up that I don't get on as much right now. Or maybe cuz I'm working off a Mac? But I haven't had any trouble. And I'm on dial-up so everything is always slow for me. Don't know if this means anything.

MtRider

This is the page I get when it doesn't want to go to the forum:

We cannot proceed.

Script: /home/content/d/k/e/dkelley16/html/ubbthreads/ubbt.inc.php

Line#: 1608

SQL Error: MySQL server has gone away

SQL Error #: 2006

Query: SELECT U_Username,U_Password,U_SessionId, U_StyleSheet, U_Status, U_Privates, U_FrontPage, U_Number, U_Banned,U_LastOn,U_OC_Userid FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Number = '32'

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

Contact Us MrsSurvival