MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

search feature

dogmom4

Sure! There's a bug in it, so using the "older than" feature doesn't work, you need to use "newer than". You can enter any number you want and choose between week, month or year. You can search as far back as 5 years.

• 1 year later...
Originally Posted By: MountainMommy
Sure! There's a bug in it, so using the "older than" feature doesn't work, you need to use "newer than". You can enter any number you want and choose between week, month or year. You can search as far back as 5 years.

No matter what search term I use, or which forum I search in, I can't pull any posts older than ONE YEAR...

uh oh...please tell me I'm doing something wrong.
  • 1 month later...

I am trying to search to find out the meaning of the acronym BOB...and I can't get anything to pop up in the search feature, and yet I know I have seen it several times in conversation here.

Is there an acronym thread that has all this stuff for us newbies?

I am starting to panic that I don't have one and if I need one, I won't even know what it is!

LOL ("laughing out loud"), Laura, BOB means Bug Out Bag...whatcha grab when the SHTF.

It's the stuff you grab when you have to leave in hurry, as in your home burning, or any other evac.

SHTF...ummmm...STUFF hits the fan, or ... SHTF

(Visuals do apply in most cases, and it 'taint usually distributed evenly!)

ROFL ("rolling on the floor laughing") is another one you'll see a lot of here!

Welcome to MrsSurvival, Laura!!!

Maybe google the search terms internet acronyms?

I still get stuck on some of the acronyms too.

When I first started on the internet I was really stumped. I thought I was the most loved person on the world wide web. Everyone was typing LOL. It means Lots Of Love...right? Eh, I guess they were Laughing Out Loud at me instead of with me. Not much has changed over the years.

And how many women named TIA are there? Millions? TIA = Thanks In Advance.

So, just now I learned the "S" in SHTF stands for STUFF. All this time I thought it was...oops never mind.

Archived