MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

You Might Be A Survivalist If...

Leah

Originally Posted By: CrabGrassAcres
I have one!
You have at least three sizes of clothes and two of them are bigger than you need so you will look like you've lost weight post SHTF.

Love it! How bout if you have 2 bigger and 2 smaller? LOL

(just went to the quarter sale at the local thrift store)
  • 2 weeks later...

You might be well on your way to becoming a survivalist if:

after reading a thread on 'Rationing your food', you look down at the 40 pounds you should loose and find yourself thinking the extra weight would be an asset - You could be on short rations for a while without fear of starving

I'm not overweight, I've got internal food stores!

Originally Posted By: NYDebbie

after reading a thread on 'Rationing your food', you look down at the 40 pounds you should loose and find yourself thinking the extra weight would be an asset - You could be on short rations for a while without fear of starving

ROFLOL! I have internal food stores! Hurrah!
  • 3 weeks later...

If your personal recipes include things people generally kill as weeds in their lawn.

If you can explain what corms are or golden treacle is and their uses.

If you plant hedges for privacy. If your hedges are edible

you might be one of us... grin

Originally Posted By: Aint2nuts
Originally Posted By: NYDebbie

ROFLOL! I have internal food stores! Hurrah!

I like that I will have to rememeber that one. rofl
Originally Posted By: babysteps
Hey, I know what golden treacle is! *pats self on back*

I'm torn between showing this list to DH (See honey, I'm not the only one!) and hiding it from DH (There are more of us out there! Yikes!)

babysteps

rofl

We're everywhere!!!

add two points for knowing what golden treacle is!
  • 3 weeks later...

When someone says Buckets:

Ordinary people frown thinking mopping, car washing, painting.

You grin and think "STORAGE!!!!!" woohoo

(if your second thought is,"I should go by and check the bakery for more" give yourself two bonus points.) grin

(If you've ever *Fibbed* about what your using the buckets for to the supplier give yourself 5 extra points).

*cookie looks pointedly at Mountain_Rider with lifted eyebrow*

If you've ever made furnishings out of your preps.

*Ahem* HSMom and Jewlzm shades.gif

(If you know more than 5 ways to disguise preps give yourself 2 extra points)

(If you have pictures, give yourself 5 extra points)

Quote:

(If you've ever *Fibbed* about what your using the buckets for to the supplier give yourself 5 extra points).

*cookie looks pointedly at Mountain_Rider with lifted eyebrow*

WHAT fib???? My horse feed bucket DID break....4 yrs ago...... darlene2

And the mice DO chew up things like winter sox & mittens if they aren't kept protected!

Seeeeeee, I'm totally as darlene as Darlene! ...er....more innocent....yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

But you're definitely IN THE GROUP if you whine and moan cuz you forgot to beg buckets after going out to have a pastry. You're worse if the measure of trust in family members is whether they beg buckets for you.....and they're in on what you REALLY do with them. whistling

MtRider [kicking herself cause she forgot to beg buckets on her recent big shoppingcart trip. ......not that there would have been room in the vehicle... ]
  • 2 weeks later...

You might be a survivalist if you rationalize never washing your vehicle because you don't want to waste the well water at home, the $5-6 it would take to go to the car wash could be used for canned goods, beans (prep of choice) or you figure if you're truck looks old and dirty people won't think you have anything worth taking.

You might be on your way if you can't go past an auto parts store without thinking, hmmm...what else might I need to have on hand besides all the hoses, belts, fluids, brakes,spark plugs and electronic parts for this thing. I'm worse about this than DH is. All I've ever had is older vehicles and don't like braking down without the parts (and tools) handy. blushgrin

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: serendipity
Your unknowing dh looks around at your stash and asks if we became Mormon when he wasn't looking!

(yes this happened to me, lol)

I had one similar... when we moved from Idaho to Oregon, several of our friends were helping pack us up. One of the guys took one look at my canned food shelf, (dh built it, it's similar to this http://www.organize.com/soupcanrack.html but made of wood and MUCH bigger) raised his eyebrows, and said "I see you've been taking after the neighbors!" (We lived in a predominately Mormon neighborhood at the time. Good people.) My response, "Gotta blend in, y'know!"

Gosh, guilty of only thirty. I saw a couple dozen I'd like to add on and will do so this year. lol

**Your kids cherish the shake up flashlights you gave them for Christmas.

**You don't trim your hedges but you can button up your home in twenty minutes flat and have drilled it recently.

**Your young children want zippos and can start a fire without a lighter or matches.

**You can cook for a family of four on a set of (empty) coffee cans in a matter of ten minutes.

**While others plan vacations you have planned multiple bug out routes.

The owner of the bent can store sees you come in and says, "There's some rice [vinegar, oil, beans, sea salt, pasta] in the back that hasn't been unpacked yet."

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Ambergris
The owner of the bent can store sees you come in and says, "There's some rice [vinegar, oil, beans, sea salt, pasta] in the back that hasn't been unpacked yet."

and Jules:
**While others plan vacations you have planned multiple bug out routes.

It's so true!!! Also:

If you can't go on a vacation without a bugout plan to get home

If you know where every dollar store is in a 30 mile radius
If your on a first name basis with them

If you considered financing a Red Mill/Honeyville/Essentials purchase.

If people look into your vehicle and think your going camping

If people look in your garage and think your really into camping (and your not)

If you have more then 5 items that have multi-purposes: I.E. Clock/Flash Light/TV or Phone charger/radio/flashlight

If McGyver would be envious of your keychain accessories

roflbananabunnydance
  • 2 weeks later...

*Fibbing*

It's called Fibbing with the daughter... rofl

Here's another:

If you've just entered as a novice prepper and have already done at least 15 of the list BEFORE you got here...

You might be a survivalist woohoo

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a mental list of where every outhouse, farmyard and milking parlour is on your bugout route.

If you have ever made a full meal from fresh ingredients, in the bathroom, on a spirit stove, for 6 people, whilst flood water claims the ground floor.

If you have visited 'educational farms' just so you know how to milk a cow/sheep/goat.

If you have shown your children how to make 'Bambi and Thumper pie'

If you have done a sock puppet show with rabbit skins blush

If you have a list of barter goods

GW