MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cookies to send

westbrook

I don't talk much about my sons.. I have two sons in the Army. #1 son is back in california for 1 year in advanced arabic. #2 son is now serving his second tour in the middle east. His first tour last year was in Afghanistan, this tour is in Iraq. This son is an RN.

#2 son wants cookies, cookies and more cookies!!! ya think he likes cookies?

so if anyone has a favortie cookie recipe I would love to make them and send them to him. I will be posting recipes I send so others can try new recipes. I mean I can't send the same recipe each week.

Did I mention he wants cookies every week? and have I mentioned I have to send enough for everyone?

this is from the kitchen in no bake...

No Bake Cookies (but more like candy)

2c Sugar

3Tbs cocoa

1/2 c milk

3/4c peanut butter

2 1/2 - 3 c rolled oats (not quick oats)

Mix Sugar, cocoa, Butter, and milk in a pan and bring it to a boil. Boil about 1 minute

Add PB and Rolled Oats.. stir well

Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper.. allow to cool.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1 Cup butter

1 Cup brown sugar, firmly packed

1/2 Cup granulated sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 Cups oats

1 Cup raisins.

Beat butter and sugars until creamy; add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour

soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add to flour mix to batter. Mix well, then mix in oats and

raisins. Drop by teaspoonful on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes on 350 degrees.

Peanut Butter Cookies

3/4 Cup peanut butter (JIF gives it the best flavor)

1/2 Cup shortening (butter flavored makes them extra rich)

1 1/4 Cup brown sugar

3 tablespoons milk

1 tablespoon vanilla

1 egg

1 3/4 Cup flour

3/4 teaspoon salt

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

Combine first 5 ingredients, then mix in egg. Combine flour, salt and soda, then add to first mixture. Bake 7 minutes at 375 degrees.

Fat-free macaroons

3 egg whites

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 1/4 Cup sugar

6 oz. flaked coconut

Beat egg whites, vanilla, and salt until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold coconut into mixture. Bake at 325 degrees for 18 minutes. Makes about 5 dozen.

of course! I will get his address. He loves cookies! they are in the middle of nowhere and that is all I can say.

he will love it. he hasn't sent his address yet, I emailed him but who knows what access he has.

He will send a letter (manditory) to parents with address. I know his last tour it was 3 months before we found out where he was.

That is a long time before knowing where he is. It didn't take that long when Jerry went over. I think he called either us or his wife within a day of getting over there.

Being an RN might make a lot of difference though, as he will be busy if there are any people needing help.

I'll be praying for his safety, Wes.

he will be ok, and if it is his time to go..I know he went doing what he loved... what more can I ask for?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ok I have the address!!!! finally! I'd give him a good spankin' with my wooden spoon but I will be glad one day when he comes home.. will shower him with kisses and hugs instead.

Archived