MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Are there any Lee's here

Just want to know if there are any Lee's around this site.

I'm from a line of Lee's and have been stopped in my tracks, we have gone as far back as my GrGrGrGrandfather, but can't find his parents. frown

It has been said in many sides of our family, that General Robert E. Lee is our 6th cousin, but with out the connection we can't find out for sure. We believe that if we could find the parent to Hirim Joseph Lee, we might just have the connection.

We have been working on this for so many years now, I wonder if we will ever find the connection. But, I will not give up, and one day, maybe we will find it.

Michael1 you are really something, you know. smilelaughkicklaughkick

Originally Posted By: Snowmom
goodmorningrainandsun.gifAmishLori.jpg, welcomeinblue.gif to the Family Tree. smile Do you work on genealogy??? HAVEANICEDAY8.gif

Lori is the main reseach person at work (librarian) she gets calls from all over the USA with people doing genealogy and sometimes they even come here looking for places and she helps they do that too (like local cemeteries). The Library has a lot of the old records and local newspapers too.

afternoonbirdfeeder.jpg

When we took that trip in 2001, we stopped at a few libraries and court houses too. We did find information, but we just didn't have the time to get into things like we would like to have. We did go to cemeteries too. I/we found several of my relatives graves and information on Old Pine's too. smile

Star, that is fine, we need input. smile Come here and talk any time you want to. smileth6dee1705-2.gifHAVEANICEDAYSUN.gif everyone. smile

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, LindaLou, do you have a connection there, I mean have you found where she was related to Robert E. Lee?? Do you have any Silas or Hiram Joseph Lee in your line at all. Hiram was born 1786, so that would go back before your grandmother. Silas was born May 4, 1814. That too, before her time. Is there an Amos Harvey, or James in the family. Amos and a James were brothers to Silas and then Silas had one boy named James, and one named John W.

If you find any of the above in your line, that would mean that yes, we are in the same Lee family. I would love any information you might have to connect us. smile

th79-1.gif for the offer. smilebighug

Good morning, Many, many years ago I saw a book my Father had of the family. There were some errors regarding his marriages and children, mainly me and my sister, but the relatives and stories were interesting. My parents divorced when I was 2 and I had very limited contact with him.

My Paternal Grandmother, Anna Childers or Childress, married Charlie Bobo of Texas. They had 3 children, my father Jack, another son that died WW2 and daughter Nancy. In her family line was a Sarah Lee, I think a Grandmother?

I have no idea what happened to the book. I recently found out my father passed away 6 years ago. My only source of family info had been my step-mother who passed away almost 7 years ago.

My middle name is Lee, and that is what I use.

Who knows, cousins???

My Lee connection (actually not mine but by marriage) is through William Stonehocker. Permelia is his wife. I have a lot of information on the Stonehockers but nothing on their spouses. Having done my family I have discovered that many of the stories you grow up with as being fact turn out to be fiction.

Linda

• 3 months later...

thvfr6yh-1.gif Momo. I don't know if I have seen this site before or not.

You know, if it weren't for so many of the cousins having heard the same thing, it could be just a story. But, since so many of them, and some I just met in the past couple years on line, I have to think the story is the truth.

You know, also, there are some of the family of Lee's who are not mentioned as they were not famous or didn't do any great deed. Some were 'black sheep', and some were just not mentioned in history, as they weren't important. frown

I've looked and looked and looked. There have been many others who have looked too. But, I have a paper with one of my great-aunts hand writing saying that is so, but without a connection. frown

thbutterflythankyou.gif again Momo. th111111.gif Happy hunting. smile

• 2 weeks later...

Snowmom -

... if you need any help in researching your Lee family I would be glad to help. On our Lee family forum at www.leesofvirginia.com you also can posts your inquiries for other Lee family members to give you feedback and genealogy information. I have done alot of research and have the ability to run reports for you if you wish.

Just Let Me Know - God Bless!

Jacqueli - Your Lee Cousin smile

Oh, Jacqueli, that sounds so nice of you. I'd love any help I can get. smile

The last Lee or the first Lee I have, whichever way you want to say it, is: Hiram Joseph Lee born in (Clay County) Indiana, in 1786, died about 1845 in (Clay Co.) Illinois. He was married to: a Nancy or a Mary, we don't have a last name yet even. He and she had at least 3 sons, one was my great-great grandfather, Silas Lee. Silas was born 04 May 1814 in Indiana. and died, November 14, 1889 in Belleville (Republic Co.) Kansas. He was married to: Anna or Ann Evans born 01 Mar 1817 in Indiana and died 21 Jan 1880 in Mapleton (Monona Co.) Iowa. They had about 11 children and one was: Emeline Latisha Lee, my great- grandmother, she was born, 20 Jan 1848, in Greensburg (Decatur Co.) Indiana, she had a twin, Clarissa Eveline Lee, Emeline died 11 Jun 1921 in Portland (Multonmah Co.) Oregon. She and my great grand father, William Martin had 9 children.

I do hope you will be able to help me here. smile I also want to say, floating5Fthanks01.gif If you are able or not to find anything for me. floating5Fthanks01.gif for the time and effort you put in to helping others. thsnag101ht.gif

I forgot my manners, WELCOMESUNPORCH.jpg to Mrs. S. smile

• 14 years later...
On 4/11/2007 at 10:48 AM, Snowmom said:

Just want to know if there are any Lee's around this site.

I'm from a line of Lee's and have been stopped in my tracks, we have gone as far back as my GrGrGrGrandfather, but can't find his parents.

It has been said in many sides of our family, that General Robert E. Lee is our 6th cousin, but with out the connection we can't find out for sure. We believe that if we could find the parent to Hirim Joseph Lee, we might just have the connection.

Hello,
My husband is in the Lee line - I have for the parents of our Joseph Hiram Lee, Isaac Burlson Lee, b. 2 Mar 1764, d. 1826 and Patience Sarah 'Sally' Landers, 1766- 1831. 

I don't know if you're in the same line, but if so, here's what I have. If you're in the same line, you should be able to find quite a bit from here. If I can be of more help, please let me know .

JOSEPH 'Hiram' LEE
b. 1786  Marlborough, Randolph County, NC - d. 1845  Clay City, Clay, IL
m. NANCY MARY COPELAND b. 2 Feb 1790, Marlborough, Randolph Co., NC, d, 2 May 1835  Randolph Co., NC
children: Hiram 1801-1876,
Silas/John Silas, 1813-1889, 
MARY ETTA 'POLLY', 1814-1872, 
Iscoh (Jacob), 1818-1821,
Isaac, 1820-1880, 
Phoebe J., 1822-1893, 
Susannah, 1824-1903, 
Jonathan Gause, 1827-1868, 
Patience, 1830, 
Nancy G. 1834-1835

• 11 months later...

I'm told that Robert E. Lee is my uncle several times back and we are descended from his brother.   I can confirm that Charles O. Lee b1889-1966 was my grandmother's (she is still living) grandfather.  Beyond that, I'm just dipping my toes into genealogy.  Hubert Lee was my grandmother's uncle.  Hubert L. Lee - Wikipedia

Edited by euphrasyne
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi euphrasyne, it is nice to see more people interested in genealogy.

I work on it then take a vacation from it for a while and then go back to it.

It has been some time since I have come to check this form out.        I don't seem to get in here very often now days.

I remember my dad saying he was a cousin, maybe it was 5th or so, of Robert E. Lee.      This was when I was in school and that has been a very long time ago now.  

I had someone go into Ancestor and they found the connections for me.       But, since then I have not gotten it written down in my FTM.    So, one of these days, I will need to get busy and do that.    :)    

You have a nice rest of the day.    :)    :bighug2: