MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I can't believe it!

I'm NEVER early! And I've NEVER been the first to make the very first post ever on a new forum! I'm not sure that I can handle the awsome responsibility that that entails. wink.gif

So, I guess I should get busy arranging things. I have pitchers of ice tea at each table around the porch with a variety of sweeteners to satisfy everybody's needs. There are lemon wedges for the tea, or you could use them in your water if you're "from California." smile.gif

Since I have eliminated flour and sugar from my diet, I have brought cheese cubes, a veggie platter with Ranch Dip, and mixed nuts. If you want "comfort food" you'll have to wait for someone else to roll out the "tea cart" laden with sweets! grin.gif

OK-so everything is ready. Come out, come out, wherever you are!!!

------------------

Guest Guest

Bringing in the tea cart laden with chocolate chip scones, banana nut muffins, raspberry squares, and a carafe of coffee smile.gif

It's so good to be home! {{{{{Everyone}}}}}

------------------

becca.jpg

I'm here and boy am i happy!!

IT's Beautiful....What an AWESOME job!!

Thanks to all responsible!!

I brought enough banana splits for everybody!

debbie

------------------

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited July 20, 2002).]

I'm late but I finally made it.

Wow this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

and just look at all that food..

sorry can't talk with my mouth full...:-)

------------------

lois.jpg

[This message has been edited by Lois (edited July 20, 2002).]

Hi Everyone!

I know I'm late....I was vacationing in Lancaster County,PA. But I brought some Schintz Pies and Funnel Cakes! smile.gif

It's great to be back!

Kimba

Guest Guest

Oh geeeeeeeeeez...I need to go down to the Gym forum cause these treats are packing the weight on...

I LOVE cookies fresh outta the oven...*swoon*

*smile*

------------------

d5.jpg

Guest Guest

I was a little late getting here also as I'm visiting family in upstate NY... I will bring some delicious Beef on Weck sandwiches, thinnly sliced and piled high( a favorite and specialtly around Western NY) and some yummy Loganberry drink to wash it down with!! nosh.gifguin.gif

MrsZou

------------------

50_p1689.jpg

[This message has been edited by mrszouave (edited July 23, 2002).]

Guest Guest

Beef on Weck...Actually it's the "roll" that really makes the sandwich...It is a hard type of roll with a special kind of salt and caraway seeds on it...It's delicious and with tender, juicy thinnly sliced roast beef inside, it makes it mouth-wateringly delectable!! I live in southern NY now, and they never heard of it either down there, but it's very well known around the Western NY area! nosh.gif

Deb, I'm having a great visit with my family...Thanks for asking! grin.gif

Here's a recipe for it, I think by Chef Bobby Flay:

http://www.foodtv.com/foodtv/recipe/0,6255,21228,00.html cheesy.gif

MrsZou

------------------

50_p1689.jpg

[This message has been edited by mrszouave (edited July 25, 2002).]

Guest Guest

You know, I used to have something like that sandwich when I lived up north in the suburbs of Cleveland. In an old Croation neighborhood, an old couple had a restaurant and served something along the lines of your Beef on Weck...

Boy, does that bring back memories...

*smile*

------------------

d5.jpg