MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

(Too) Sunny Sunday

goatherder

Hi Everyone,

I went to visit with my mom in the mountains from Thursday evening to Saturday evening. It's a little cooler up there (high 90's to 100). It was 113 on the thermometer on a business sign along the freeway at about five yesterday as I was coming home.

My microgarden is feeling the effects of the heat. It probably won't survive much longer. frown My mom's garden looks good though. The tomato plants have lots of green tomatoes and the squash are starting to bloom. There was even one tiny zucchini! The strawberries are not so great this year. It's been sooooo dry...over two months with no rain...that the berries are not very good. Mom has to water twice a day at times and at least once a day when it's not windy.

I visited with my DD and GS for awhile last night. We had bought a trailer for hauling kids to go behind a bike at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago, but we didn't have room to haul it back in her van, so I brought it back in the truck. It's way too hot to take the little guy out in it right now, but at least it's here.

It's becoming more and more apparent to us all that this is not the place to be. I can hardly wait for plans to gel for getting out of here and going someplace with a better climate.

Speaking of climate...I'd better get moving and clean my yard before the temp reaches the big 114! It's already in the 90's and it's only 7:20!

Good morning goatherder and everyone!

Sounds like you had a nice mini vacation. Wow, it does get hot where you live. I know it does but it's been so long since I've been in the desert heat that I forget how hot hot can be. Kind of like winter here. When it's 80 out it's hard to imagine -20 but I know it'll be back again before you know it.

I'm working outside today watering and pulling weeds. I've been watering off and on for 3 days now and I am finished for a couple of days....I hope!

You all have a good day!!! bighug

Hey Goatherder;

We live the same life. By afternoon my garden is looking pretty sad but 100 degree days do that. I was lucky enough to be at Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons the last 2 weeks of May but that looks like all the relief from the heat I'll be getting this summer. I can't wait for the monsoons to start and at least cool things down some. I run and 4:00 a.m. and it is just flat hot then. When I read some of the posts from people outside of the desert it is hard to believe there are places where you still need a sweater.

Hope you got your yard done before it got too hot.

Archived