MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Great Escape

Darlene

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is completely liable. I sure hope he does the right thing if we don't find them, otherwise I'll be forced to get stronger then really needs to be.

Slam dunking people never makes me feel good.

Oh, Darlene- I'm so sorry I missed this!

everyones' given good ideas- especially the one about your vehicle- I retrieved a very shy sheltie that I'd placed that way. I had cornered her in a backyard but she was so spooked she looked right at me and then ran away again (I had delivered this baby so she should've KNOWN who I was). dejected and convinced that we'd never catch her, I walked around the house and she was waiting by my car. I opened the back door and she hopped right in.

never give up hope- these dogs are VERY focused and WILL try to get back to you.

BIG HUGS!!!!

Still praying for your girls' safe return. I mentioned this before, but not sure if you read every word: is anyone looking for the dogs on the route to Miami? I'm concerned that they might have gotten confused about 'home'.

Hoping for good news today! Praying they come home! It is difficult because they are in heat too! Those wild thangs! I bet they will come home soon. That was a great idea about driving those roads. I bet those ATV's just make them run more!

God really IS good, and faithful and does answer prayers.

Yesterday the phone rang and my daughter answered it. She brought it to me saying it was the vet. The vet says to me, "how are your dogs doing"...I said, "not good, I boarded them and they lost them frown ". She says, "I have one of them here"...

I was like OH MY GOSH cry

What appears to have happened is that the girls were on the run for about 2 days. They finally exhausted themselves and were laying down by a creek when the nicest man in the world found them. Kayra was so weak she couldn't even stand up on her back legs, so he brought food and water down to them (they were on his property).

The next day, the girls made it up the mountain to their house and spent the next 2 days sleeping on their porch during the day, and guarding their property at night. I guess they had a woodpecker that had done some damage to the house, so parts of it were under repair by some workers. It appears that Ziya took a strong dislike to one of the workers and guarded the wife while they were there.

The husband and wife could tell that Kayra and Ziya were not strays, but they had no idea what kind of dogs they were. The wife got on the net and went to the AKC site and searched over the working dogs until she found the Anatolians. The next morning they got Kayra in their truck, but couldn't get Ziya in because she doesn't let most people get close to her, although she was starting to warm up to the husband. They ended up taking Kayra to the vet to see if she had a chip in her. Now, I had just been there last Thursday with the girls, which I wrote about in another post. We made such an impact with all the bleeding from being in heat and going potty everywhere that a girl recognized Kayra. They searched through the records, found my name and that is when I got the call.

I met the couple back at their place (70 acres of the most beautiful property I've seen up here yet) and Kayra fled into our arms. Ziya however was MIA again...I guess she had taken off when they took Kayra to the vet. I talked with the couple for a while, went looking for Ziya for a while, and finally gave them my cell number in case she came back. The wife was pretty sure she'd come back because it appears that my girls had fallen in love with her little dog. Come to find out, they have a female Chinese Pug.

I have a female Chinese Pug. My girls identified and associated something familiar because of their pug and I really believe that is why they ended up camping out there.

I took Kayra over to the kennel where they had escaped to let them know that I had at least one of the dogs. The owner was visibly very stressed and shaken over this whole ordeal. He started out with handing me a paper that was some kind of contract I had originally signed, muttering something about liability, etc, which was a bad move on his part, cause I ended up opening up on him (in a strong professional way) and quickly got that settled. I let him know that I wasn't looking to go out of my way to cause any problems, but that all I wanted was for him to do the right thing. We came to an understanding after that.

While I was there, I got a call from the wife that Ziya was back so I jumped in the car and drove back up there. She was up on one of their decks and when I called her, she came running to me and I just wrapped my arms around her neck. I can't begin to express how happy I was to see her (and I probably don't need to try to explain). I talked with the wife for a while and when we got ready to go she said, "yanno, I really kind of hate to see them leave...I never felt so safe as I did when they were here". That really touched me because even lost, my dogs were still doing their job, watching over their horses, their little pug, and the husband and wife.

Kayra is still out of it...she's not real strong and that'll take a few days. Ziya seems to have bounced back a little better, but then again, she's alot like me. darlene

Thank y'all for your support, kind words, and prayers during this time. My babies are home and my heart is at peace.

Oh how wonderful Darlene. I am so happy for you and for the dogs that I was in tears as I read this post. God is truly wonderful. It will be interesting to see just how many lives Kayra and Ziya's escape has affected. Besides you and your family, the kennel owner and their family, the family who found and nurtured them, the people at the vet's office and all of the Mrs. S family I somehow feel there were more people who have had their lives touched by the dogs who you may never even know about. Even in tragic events God never fails to teach us valuable lessons.

((((((((A very great big hug to you all.))))))))

Oh Darlene, I am so happy for you! I've been checking back quite often for updates, and praying that you would get them back safely. You've made my day!

I am so happy for you! As you give them more of the hugs that will be forth coming throughout the day, both you and they will feel a little safer. Thanks to our Father for this double blessing. (((((Darlene and all her girls)))))

I'm so glad that I cannot even express it.

I do want to point out how the Lord used what could have been a bad situation (the mess on the vets waiting room floor) for good (the tech recognizing your girl).

He is good.

You realize the girls have made a conquest, don't you? Those people will probably want to get some dogs like yours. Same type, I mean - yours are obviously something special!

bounce Praise God and thanking Him for all the Provision that made this possible to come out grande! praying Agree with those noting the number of folks affected by this 'Escape'.

bighug for Darlene and family and dogs and all who helped bring them home. Your dogs made some special friends for you in this little adventure.

MtRider

banana OH PTL I am doing the happy dance here banana

I know you are so excited.

dancingclapsmiliegrouphug2

Humm...just an afterthought...I wonder if they make GPS tracking chips for animals. You know like what is in a cell phone. If so Darlene can have one implanted and track her babies anywhere. I have a feeling these MIAs are just being. Those girls have had a taste of freedom and are enjoying the great out doors.

Well, you certainly HAVE made an impression with the locals... smile28.gif

Praise God that you have them back safely.

Now get those "day after" shots for them.... whistling

puppylove.gif

Hmm, must be a bit of dust or something that got in my eyes - there is this salty, moist discharge coming out of them that I cannot explain.

Glad to see everything is somewhat back to normal, Darlene. There are truly strange and unexplained forces at work out there, and whether we call it "God", "Goddess", "The Flying Spaghetti Monster", or the "Collective Subconscious", it is nice to see that all of the good wishes and heartfelt worry and care shown by many people who have never met before helped out and did some good in this crazy, messed up world.

It shows you chose a good place to live...

Archived