MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

MrsS get together - 2008

Darlene

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

put me down as a maybe as well would love to come and meet up with you all but will have to see how things are going here at the time it would be me and 4 others if dh stays home 5 others with him along.

If Pixie goes, and I can convince Kev that you are all real people and not crazy internet stalkers, I would love to come! Really, I've "known" some of you longer than I've known him! I may or may not bring Juli.

Darlene, though I don't say much lately, I've been enjoying your adventures. You are one of the strongest women I know.

~Jo

I would love to come! But with kidlets in school? (darn public-schooling mom that I am) Maybe if I can convince someone to go with me when we go to Oklahoma to get my mom's stuff out of her storage unit...since we'd be so close to Georgia, it'd be a short trip. wink

Buttercup, I've not looked at a map but if God's willing and we aren't on an extended vacation somewhere and coming from another direction...... we can nab you on the way. grin

Come to think of it, might be a lot of people crossing your path to go to Darlene's. We might have to get a map going too so that we can see where we are all coming from so we can car pool. lol

bighug

I have only been on this site for a short time (and lurked for a some time before that), but I feel like I am getting to know all of you. It would be great to meet everyone. I am not sure if I would be able to come or, not. It is too soon to tell, but I know I would love it. It sounds like so much fun.

Public Schooled Kids (mine were public schooled)

let the teacher(s) know you are taking a trip, that your children will keep a journal with photos of the trip and everything that goes on. This then becomes a writing lesson. Gather up all their homework which they can do in the car or plane. (the journal can be a lesson in scrapbooking and I think that comes under Art!)

With everything that will be going on, it will be quite an adventure!

And if we can do an old fashioned Barn Raising... wouldn't that be a cool memory for children!!!

Yes, Darlene needs to start thinking about how big she wants this barn... we are only doing the outside.. the inner walls are up to her!

I have my hammer and Mackita in hand! this will be interesting getting this through the plane!

Originally Posted By: westbrook
we may need all the men folk we can sucker .. er, un, I mean get to come!

Care to give more information? Is this for the barn (what barn?) raising? Do i need to bring my compressor and nail gun? Come on Westie you can do better than that. grin

wormie
John

Hmm....Oct '08? Maaaaabey....IF we didn't vacation to the grandparents--we could rent an RV, drive to see my sister in Huntsville AL, then onto Darlene's in GA. But we'd have to be able to kennel the hounds back here, and not sure how driving that far, that long would go with what would be 3 kids under 7yrs old!

Alas, though it sounds like a hoot, I fear we would have to pass. Budget probably can't afford that much strain of an RV for that long.

Originally Posted By: WormGuy
Originally Posted By: westbrook
we may need all the men folk we can sucker .. er, un, I mean get to come!

Care to give more information? Is this for the barn (what barn?) raising? Do i need to bring my compressor and nail gun? Come on Westie you can do better than that. grin

wormie

John

John, I have no idea what she's talking about. All I know is I'm planning on getting as many people as we can, to have a great time together.

I'm already thinking of large volume meals I can cook.

lol
Originally Posted By: Darlene
Manolo is a dahling, but I need to give my knees more time to heal before I attempt that height again.

lol

Surely I can't be the only hickerbilly out there who had to look this up... I had no idea what those even were! For those that still don't know...........
man14.jpg

It's a bird, it's a plane, It's a shoe? Looks like a weapon to me...

You aren't the only ones who had to look them up Buttercup. I did too and then started laughing. I could NEVER climb that high for sure. Think I'll bring my army boots. lol

Yeah, Darlene, how long you want us for?

bighug

I had heard of them, but looked them up anyway to see just how high they DO go.

eek It was the PRICE that floored me!!! eek

NO WAY would I pay THAT much to put myself in such tortuous shoes!!!!

nonono.gif

(If you LIKE these things, please don't read further...)

1.gif Vanity, thy name is STOOPID!!!! 7.gif

Archived