MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Longtime lurkers suddenly belongers

cookiejar

I thought I'd bump this up and see if any of our newest members wanted to comment. I mean I do get so surprised when some says I watched the site for Insert long timeand then I decided to post.

That is amazing to me, I hope we never seem intimidating and always have the door open.

Come on in! We do want to know what you have to say. If you see a question and you think you can help-post away!

I'm still curious what got you to Un-lurk grin

Oh and be prepared for thread drifts...we just seem to get sidetracked...

...what was I saying?

rofl

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't lurked here for long, but what got me to register and post was this website felt so much friendlier and had less testosterone than other survival sites.

Let's face it, some/most of the other sites have very little of the female point of view. smile

Well,Cookie, what got me to un-lurk was you...and all the other great folks on here. I lurked for about a year, and learned so much during that time, I just had to join this family and be able to thank everyone. Ya'll go out of your way to help and teach others, and we all learn from each other too. Everyone has a gift of knowledge to share, and so willing to share...what a wonderful thing!

Originally Posted By: Darlene
Originally Posted By: KallieKat
Well,Cookie, what got me to un-lurk was you...

Dang!

It cost me alot to get her to say that!

DarleneSwoon

KallieKat is pullin' in the BIG Gs

rofl
Originally Posted By: cookiejar
Originally Posted By: Leah
Gumballs?

G = G money

6. g money

thousands of "dollas"

You have SO failed Urban Speak 101

roflroflrofl

I speak fluent Red Neck. I no speak the Urban. wink
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't be afraid to ask any question. It does not matter if it has been asked once or one hundred times. We will answer it. So, what is your first question? smile

wormie

John

I doubt it. I fill my bags and put a straw in a corner, seal the bag up to the straw, then use the hose for the jar sealer to vac out the air, then seal the corner. It works well for me.

wormie

John

Quote:
I talk with my hands alot so bear with me.

**Watching Kitty's hands carefully...**

(Ya know... *TECHNICALLY*, here you ARE still "talking with your hands"!) happy02

rofl

WormGuy's right... Don't worry about asking questions. We love to help, and we can find what you need. And for each one who asks, there are bunches of other lurkers who want to know the *same thing*!

So glad you de-lurked!!

bouquet

I'm a hand talker too Kitty.

I was at a funeral one time and had a couple of people cornered in the back room. A cousin said she couldn't see who all was in the corner but knew one of them was me because all she could see was hands and arms flailing around. I guess she thought I was leading an orchestra back there. cheer

Originally Posted By: cthulhukitty
You know I'm such a clutz maybe people should watch out for my hands. Yesterday I was working in the garden and I accidentally stepped on the hoe and it sprung up and hit me in the temple. Rung my bell real good. Needless to say I keep lots of medical stuff on hand crazy
Later,
Kitty

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Ftaghn! grin

Wow, how *did* I miss this post??

Let's see...I found this forum back in '06 searching for info. on pantry stocking. It directed me to the "Are You Ready" room and I sat there and read from about nine at night till two in the morning. And then I was absolutely forcing myself to go to bed. I lurked for a little while, not too long though.

Chocolate - toblerones anyone??

Cast Iron - I am a no soaper. Only because my mom was a soaper and when I inherited her cast iron it was in ghastly shape. I think she seasoned once when she got them umpteen years ago and then never again. It took me a long time to get them into the good shape they are now. If they are really yucky I'll heat some water in the tea kettle and pour it in and let it soak a while. I turn on my oven to 200 degrees and clean out the pan. Turn the oven off when it reaches temperature, do the oil/shortening thing in the pan and stick it in the oven to finish drying.

Tea - Yes, there has to be sugar! If I went somewhere and they didn't even know what it was....well, I didn't even *know* there were people who didn't know what it was till reading this thread. Some kind of new kool-aid? That was too funny.

Urban speak - I agree with Cow Girl. I speak Red Neck. With a very, very thick twang that seems to be peculiar to this county and those immediatetly surrounding it. Some of y'all probably couldn't even understand half of what I say in real life....(giggle)...

Archived