MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Longtime lurkers suddenly belongers

cookiejar

Oooohhh Ladies....yooHooo. Over Here!!! Come on in....the water's fine. [gushes] Just the right temp. [helpful] Here, let me hold your things while you have a dip.

[muttering under breath] Chocolate, chocolate! must get to the chocolate before Westy. [Dumping bags in desperation, looking for chocolate]

Oh No,......vanilla prim bars,.....well isn't that disgusting!

Westy must have been here before me. How could she slip in so quickly. I should have heard the rattle of candy papers.

Oohhh Ladies,...this way please. No chocolate allowed. Please place all your chocolate in this sack...for your own security.

Thank you. [slinks away] with chocolate!!! He He. bouquet

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a friend from Kentucky up over the weekend.. We went to the golden arches and he told them he wanted Sweet Tea.. I guess it hasn't made it this far north yet.. They started to get irritated with him when he kept asking why they didn't have sweet tea.. He said he saw ads where they now have sweet tea for $1.. Oh well we will come out of the dark ages someday.. I LOVE SWEET Tea!

sweet tea.. how healthy is it? how many calories are in it? can't it be a choice? like serve it plain and then hand someone 2 pounds of sugar?

Honestly.. it is quite shocking to drink tea plain for many decades, order it and not able to drink it because there is so much sugar in it it tastes like syrup. I wonder how many sit ups I have to do or how many miles I need to run to burn off the calories in the 16 ounces of tea.

It is just so interesting how different we are here in America, what we eat, how we dress, lifestyles.

I had sweet tea for the first time at a friends wedding yesterday. It was funny to see the reactions of others at the table...after taking a drink folks thought it was some different type of koolaid. confused The brides mama was from the south. grin I actually thought it tasted pretty good...but, it was sweet.

Stacy

westie- Sweet tea is by no means healthy, which I why I have reduced my intake dramatically!! I am like Buttercup's friend from Kentucky. I am shocked if I go somewhere to eat and find they don't have sweet tea!! LOL I guess I'm just spoiled that way!! My step-dad went to Boston when he was younger and ordered a glass of ICED tea at a restaurant. They told him they didn't have iced tea, and asked him what he was talking about. He asked them if they had hot tea, and they said yes. He asked them if they had ice, and they said yes. He said, 'Well, bring me a cup of hot tea and a glass of ice, and I'll show you what iced tea is!!' LOL

I've had an awful thought...LOL

So if your a long time lurker, then,

You know Leah is a google queen? Darlene is addicted to canning?

There's not a herb that Lois doesn't know? That Westie is a chocola-holic? That I'm our klutziest prepper? (Prepping impaired?). That we wrote 6 posts about Crawfish/Crawdads as edible food before we noticed that CajunSunshine's Avatar IS a crawfish?

Yikes! and you still like us? Will wonders never cease!

>>>I didn't lurk, I dove right in. However, I have a friend who is leary of message boards (for very good reasons) and she is lurking out there.

Waves to her friend!!! >>>

LOL Angela! ::::::waving back wildly and jumping up and down:::::: Here I am!!! LOL wiggle

dancegirl1.gif Angela... OVER HERE!!!

If you've been burned somewhere else, and have questions about this place, feel free to ask me anything. I've been here long enough to pretty much answer anything about Mrs S. (You can run them through JCK88 if you like!)

Honest, we don't bite... (well, *hard*, anyway... and that's only biting CHOCOLATE)

flowerysmile.gif

Cat, you are a sweetie. Angela and I both got burned big time on a message board several years back and I have not posted on a board since then. However, Angela jumped in here first and I lurked for a while and then took the plunge. We both like it here very much. And biting chocolate is fine with us:)

Thanks!

I want to say "Thank You" for your forum. Never have I found a forum that is woman and christian oriented, where we can be emotional, supportive, share our experiences, knowledge & wisdom.

I'm a typical lurker, largely due to spending years, learning the hard way, to 'keep my mouth shut', unfortunately this makes me leary to post anything.

Lately, I've had a deep desire in my heart to learn to communicate sincerely. I am an artist, therefore, it is easier for me to put words into pictures, than struggling with puttting my thoughts into words.

Then, I stumbled into your nest and was astonished! In time, I hope to learn how to write what is on my mind and in my heart.

So... ignore the lady in the corner who has chocolate mint tea growing in her garden happy02

hand over that chocolate tea!

we are neighbor helping neighbor before they really need the help. Sharing information about how we can help ourselves.

no one is gonna slam you for that!

Sweet tea is so simple to make and as I have said before "yes we like a little tea with our sugar". For those who don't know here is the simplest sweet tea recipe I know:

Heat 8 cups of water to a rolling boil

Place 4 economy size tea bags (or 8 regular size)in the boiling water, allow to boil 3 to 5 minutes

Pour tea into a pitcher already full of ice with 1 to 1 1/3 cups of sugar

Rinse tea bags and pour into pitcher til water becomes mostly clear.

Add more water as needed to fill pitcher.

Stir and serve.

Now that is down home sweet tea.

I guess I'm still a "lurker" - though I want to try to post more. Honestly, I don't feel I have anything to say or offer. I guess I'm quiet by nature.

I do appreciate everything I've learned here, though. And, everyone seems quite friendly, so it's not that either.

Welcome!!!

welcome3

Annarchy, I LOVE Chocolate mint Tea!!! coffee This is the first place anyone knows what it is! I had it growing in the garden when I was a little girl, but all recent attempts to get it to grow has failed. Tell me how do you keep it alive?

Archived