MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

All [I] Need is [one] Love

The MacKinnon

Anyone here have any Love ancestors? I've got an errant great-great grandmother named Mary Jane Love. Her parentage is proving elusive. I know she was born in Sumner Co TN about 1820 and that she married Allen Jones there in 1846. The family moved to Butler Co KY by 1859 when my great grandmother was born.

I've checked the censuses of 1850 and 1840 trying to find likely suspects but nothing quite checks out.

There are Love family researchers galore, but so far, no ties to Mary Jane.

Wow, another Jones. smile

Have you tried Rootsweb?

Here is what I found, don't know if this will help, but I did find two. smile

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi

Good luck in your search.

My grandmother was a Jones, but we can only get back as far as her grandfather, Horace Lee Jones. Can't find anything on his father. We do know that he was born in Louisville (Jefferson Co.) Kentucky, 25 Dec 1808 and died 24 Feb 1886, in Waynesburg, Indiana. He and some brothers swam the Ohio River to get away from their Uncle who had slaves and was very mean to them. This was on the back of a picture of him.

Could he be related in any way to your Mary Jane's DH Allen Jones??

• 4 weeks later...

GOODAFTERNOONBIRD.gif

MtnMama, have you been able to find anything on rootsweb.com ? I have been in hopes you have found some infor by now.

If you wouldn't mind, I would like to hear a bit about your Jones family in the 1800's.

Haveagoodday-1.gifHAPPYSATURDAY10.gifHUGS34.gif

Archived