MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

List for get-together 2008

Cat

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was cute watching it...I just wish we had a video camera at the time..but although there is usually one around at all gatherings, there wasn't this time. He is an MP and has a drug dog...so she has seen him practice the commands.

Best Bob competition? Can be done by sizes from fanny pack to backpack.

Fastest Complete Meal-In-A-Bucket contest? Ya know like package spaghetti, can sauce, packette parmesan all ready for an after disaster meal. You get the idea.Who can put a meal for 4 from a pile of cans and such. Run grab ingrediant, check off, put in bucket. timed event.

Cook from the bucket contest (all ingredients must either be freeze dried, canned, dehydrated etc.)Who can make the best meal from their supplies.

Best made in the fireplace or campfire meal? Over sterno?

McGyver Contest: Put 10 items on the table, give everone pad and pen and name the things you could do or make with them.

bighuglovemrss

Okay Cookie, these I would watch with note pad and pen and take lots of notes. I would get close on some of it but feel TOTALLY inadequate to participate. But more than willing to learn from.

Now Deb2of9, a knitting nancy is a fancy name for a spool with tacks in the top that you weave yarn around to and hook over to create a knitted tube, like the pull strings on hoodies. Or they have larger versions now that they use to create tubes to be used for hats and such. Lots of fun and real easy.

Okay, I know what you mean now. I think of that as a knitting spool. We used to get them in the "knitting kits" that they sell for kids along with the weaving looms ( almost only good for pot holders due to the size) and knitting looms. I have used them all before. Thank you for explaining.

Originally Posted By: cookiejar
McGyver Contest: Put 10 items on the table, give everone pad and pen and name the things you could do or make with them.

My daughter pointed out that this is only a fair contest if you actually do those things with the items on the table. Of course as a fan of McGyver, I know that sometimes that you might not be able to lets say repair the leaky raft if you don't have the raft. It would be interesting to see what everyone could come up with for this one. We could all learn alot.
Originally Posted By: Nett
Okay Cookie, these I would watch with note pad and pen and take lots of notes. I would get close on some of it but feel TOTALLY inadequate to participate. But more than willing to learn from.

Now Deb2of9, a knitting nancy is a fancy name for a spool with tacks in the top that you weave yarn around to and hook over to create a knitted tube, like the pull strings on hoodies. Or they have larger versions now that they use to create tubes to be used for hats and such. Lots of fun and real easy.

blush
I was hoping to watch others too and learn, that's why I tossed some of the ideas out there. I'll be beside you with a the pen and pad.

Just brainstorming. I thought of some more...

How to use a compass game. This can be done in a field, with clues like go 50 yards n/nw and include degrees-then find another clue go East 10 yards so many degrees with the end being a prize of..maybe chocolates? (If I bring Prize Godivas STAY OUT of it Westie! LOL).

The scavenger hunt (can be done by newbies). There are many kinds from straight forward find a jar of apple pie filling to harder ones of Rhymes or Posts of Mrs. S . Example: What thing did Darlene use involving a bikini? (Must return jar of apple pie filling grin)

Name that plant! Or Herb!
Or here is Cinnamon-name 5 uses can include medicinal, cleaning ,cooking etc.

Survival Fire:Fastest make a fire without matches/lighter including challenges like finding things like down fluff or other starters, finding branches, but can use strike metals, magnifying glass, etc. Just not conventional matches/lighters. Could be sub-categories such as fastest with striker, fastest with magnifier, etc.
smile

14.gif NO TESTS!!! nonono.gif

Cookie, you're gonna scare off EVERYBODY!!! angry040.gif

4.gif

158.gif

Unless... confused002.gif

hmm.gif

That's her whole point????

hook2.gif We won't take the bait, Sweetie!!!

happy02

Quote:
[MtR takes Mother aside to make sure she didn't mean *that* kind of grass]

Uhm,, Sure, yeahthat whatever you say MtR.

( running now where did I put my old recipe for 'wild' fudge? )
bighug

croquet - somewhere in the middle of Nevada

crochet - with something only a drug-addled octopus would use

DarleneSwoon

I think it would be a GREAT IDEA to have a game or two of croquet after all that chocolate Wes is bringing. smile

I'll add some DCP_2181.jpg for those who just can't leave the chocloate alone. smile You know we will all need some exercise and croquet would be just what the dr. ordered. smilelaughkickHUGS35.gifHAPPYFRIDAY7.gif

OMGoodness, I did didn't I?!?! Well you can tell I have a crafting mind huh? I meant the other one really I did! I love croquet. And horseshoes and if there is a pool table near I will think I am in heaven.

how about extreme napping! or extreme canning? or how about learning to butcher? maybe I will find a rabbit breeder and buy a couple for each... have my husband teach the twist and crunch method for dispatching... while I am napping of course!

Originally Posted By: westbrook
maybe I will find a rabbit breeder and buy a couple for each... have my husband teach the twist and crunch method for dispatching...
Seriously, I would love for someone to teach me that. It's no fun learning to butcher from books. frown

I won't be able to come the whole time even though I'm close. Is it possible to have some classes? If this has been discussed, sorry, I'm catching up on reading. I need to learn from you smart gals!

Archived