MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Mamogram Feb reminder and Boobie Lyric Poem

Dee

Ladies don't forget to get your yearly mamogram if you haven't had one.

Keep your Boobies nice and perky

Don't you be a party poopin jerky

Get your Mams Checked, get your Mams Checked

Feeling better if you do,

Peace of mind

won't get you in a stew

Get your Mams Checked, Get your Mams Checked

Once a year the doctors say

Is the fastest way to save

Your Perky Boobies Your perky Boobies

So make that all important appointment today

And come out smiling without dismay

When you find out

You can shout out

That your clear from any disease

And your Mamogram was a breeze,

You are healthy, You are healthy

So check your mams everytime you shower and shave

It says on the card that the doctors gave

Stay clear of ills

So you won't have to take pills

Check Your Boobies, Check Your Boobies

Ladies, please Don't forget to do your self breast exams each month and don't forget to make a yearly appointment for your mamogram. This message is brought to you by the Women Taking Care of Womens Health Needs Kilt Lovers Club.

HappyGirl. You may not be too young. I have 2 relatives who had breast cancer very young. One at 28 and one at 32. Both were VERY lucky they found their own lumps since neither of them thought they were old enuf for a mammo. Don't want to scare anyone but it can happen at any age. Statistically it is less likely at those ages, but not impossible.

Thank you so much for the important reminder Reci. I have Fibrocystic Breast Disease, which makes it pretty hard sometimes to tell what bumps are new and if they feel different. I do check often though, and I have had some removed before. I just saw my doctor this week about some lumps I found. Two are not the same as the others, she ordered a mamo for the coming week. Please, everyone, check your breasts. It's sooooooooo important.

thanks again Reci

love,

windswept

Just thought I'd write a little note...I reread my post and it sounds as if I'm not taking the situation seriously...I am. Momo and Becca-Anne, I'm so sorry to hear about your relatives/friends. And yes, it did scare me...enough to make it a point to remind my sisters and myself (all under 35)to check and make sure we are ok...thanks for caring enough to post this!

Becca doctors can't turn you down if you request a mammogram. If your doctor does contact a womens health center in your area and they will do a mamo for free. Anyone who can't afford a mammogram can get them for free also.

we lost a friend this past year from breast cancer. So yes it is scary and it is important that every women have their brest checked on a yearly basis. And to do the self check. If you don't know how ASK this would be one of the most important question you could ask in your lives.

So ladies don't be shy in the words of my one aunt " go play with yourself. "