MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Where everybody is from?

Maineiac

Hi Adam, I guess that leaves me in the State of Confusion, Huh!

I've tried to get a birth cert. original or otherwise and get a big runaround....Go to Salinas, go to Monterey, go away. I think there should be a central record keeping in the States Capitol. No matter what State. That way a person could call, mail or go in and get a copy.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

westbrook, you have inspired me...

Ah! The pacific northwest -

The green is all the moss on the trees, clean it up off the walk or you're down on your knees;

It's gray because it's cloudy most days, the bright evil sunshine will not shed it's rays;

We have eight-inch-long slugs of many a hue, if you leave one out they will slime on your shoe;

The winter days that end at 4, give you plenty of time for lighted decor;

The 9 solid months of wonderful rain,

......................................make you really appreciate a solid roof.

Also an Air Force kid...born in California,moved to Maine, then Okinawa, New York, Okinawa again, then a brief 3 months in Montana (all before 12 years old) until my dad retired in California. I have lived in the same town for 29 years. But....I reallly want to live in Oregon.

Stacy

Northern Indiana... the Hoosier state! us-indiana.gif

Like Buttercup, I was born and raised only 11 miles from where I am today.

Angela, have you ever checked into "Habitat for Humanity"?

bighug

Grew up and lived in SW Michigan for 35 yrs.

Now in NE Indiana.

No more 'Lake Effect'!! clap Well....not nearly as much. grin

I was born raised & lived with in 45 min of same place in South Carolina for 21 years. I got tired of it, needed a fresh start and moved to South FL (boca for cookie-so far the only other floridian I know of) I've been here for 4years met a wonderful Souther Boy & He plans to marry me & take me back with him to Missippi in about five years if we can save up enough smile

Originally Posted By: Pigzzilla
Hi Adam, I guess that leaves me in the State of Confusion, Huh!

I've tried to get a birth cert. original or otherwise and get a big runaround....Go to Salinas, go to Monterey, go away. I think there should be a central record keeping in the States Capitol. No matter what State. That way a person could call, mail or go in and get a copy.

I finally ended my search, when I was told that I would have to go (in person) to the National Armed Forces Records Archive in Washington D.C.! Talk about a pain in the butt. By the grace of god, my mother found her originals under a drawer in her dresser when she was getting ready to toss it out.

Illinois. Like Buttercup and Cat I live within 12 miles of where I was born and raised. 60 Years in Illinois except for a year in north west Iowa.

(((( ))))

Archived