MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Where everybody is from?

Maineiac

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was born & raised here in central Florida.

Hubby & I bought a little 8 acre farm with an old house in NE Mississippi a couple of years ago (see my avitar). We are slowly renovating it. As soon as our place here in Fl sells...we're moving to our little farm!!

I've made several trips out west. I would LOVE to live in Montana or Idaho before this life ends!

PS......anybody wanna buy 5 acres in central FL? It has a 5 stall horse barn with tack room AND a 3/2 mobile home. Good well, septic tank, garden area. 2 pastures for horses/cows, and a chicken coop with a small "pasture" for them as well. I'll even throw in a horse for good measure!

Oh man, my kids would love if we had that. Can't afford what the price of lands and such is in florida though. Might be able to afford a place in Oklahoma or Missouri or one of the southern states. Found a place for 20k that I would have liked to look into more.

Originally Posted By: mom11
Southern Kentucky...ICK!!..

What is wrong with Southern Kentucky?

Just so I know when I go looking for land in all the right places.

New Hampshire by way of Virginia by way of Washington, DC, by way of Florida by way of Massachusetts and California and Tennessee....(We were both journalists and followed various jobs around the country...)

Originally Posted By: Aint2nuts
Originally Posted By: mom11
Southern Kentucky...ICK!!..

What is wrong with Southern Kentucky?

Just so I know when I go looking for land in all the right places.

From what I hear, nothing is wrong with Kentucky. Alot of native Georgians up here in the mountains are leaving and moving to Kentucky to get away from the flood of Floridians that have moved up here...

And the people in Kentucky are annoyed that the Georgians are moving there...as much as the Georgians were with the Floridians that moved up here.

Go figure.

lol

I am from West Virginia, Born here and if I have my way...lol Be buried here. We have the most beautiful scenery here. even though we have alot of cool weather, you can't complain when you see the fall leaves turning and the splender of it all. It's just breathtakeing in the fall. Winters have been fairly mild the past couple years, but we have had some brutel ones too. But to me its all worth it..So if you are looking for a place to move to, I highly recommend the mountainous WV.

OK, this is where we all chime in...

~~~Almost Heaven, West Virginia...

Blue ridge mountains, Shenandoah river...

Life is old there, Older than the trees...

Younger than the mountains, Growin' like a breeze...~~~

choir.gif

chorus:

Country roads, take me home

To the place I belong

West virginia, mountain momma

Take me home, country roads 15.gif

All my memories gathered round her

Miners lady, stranger to blue water

Dark and dusty, painted on the sky

Misty taste of moonshine

Teardrops in my eye

Born and raised in Kansas; while DH was active duty AF - lived in northern Calif.; then to South Florida for 14 years and now in East TN since '93. 3 oldest children have spouses from TN, so the roots are going deeper and deeper here. Plus, we love it here.

That song has been in my head since yesterday, lol.

Born in Tampa, raised in Orlando. Married hubby in Orlando in '73, left for NC in '75 when he joined the Army. Lived in Germany for three years in the late '70s, and have been here in west central GA since 1979.

Grew up in Delaware, but have lived in Alabama for 30 years. Alabama is home! Most of my family followed me south, Parents and a brother live in GA, one brother lived in TN for 20 years and recently got transferred east but plans to move back south after retirement.

Dawn

Grew up in New Jersey Spent most of my life living 15 away from NYC..Just cross the George washington bridge for clean, green air, not to mention quite... lol

Then we moved just 11 days before my son was born...Talk about timing...To Orange County, NY...This is just Beautiful country..fishing .14 years and counting...We have no intentions of leaving. sheep

bandbandband

Green acres is the place for me.

Farm livin' is the life for me.

Land spreadin' out so far and wide.

Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

New York is where I'd rather stay.

I get allergic smelling hay.

I just adore a penthouse view.

Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

...The chores.

...The stores.

...Fresh air.

...Times Square

You are my wife.

Good bye, city life.

Green Acres we are there.

I sing this everytime I mow the lawn...Thank God no one can here me over the mower...If you don't know this song, it's because your to young...This dates back to the Andy Griffith Show.. rofl

I live in the Highland Lakes area of Central Texas - beautiful bluebonnets, oaks, mesquite and granite hills. I was born at home and lived in that same house until I married at age 18 (we'll have our 47th anniversary next month). Here is where I hope they "plant" me ...when I get a lot older.

Born and raised in Georgia, but living in the Christian exile program far, far away. Oh, you've never heard of this? Neither had I until I put my foot in my mouth Big Time. For all intents and purposes it appeared to be a job transfer for my husband, but what actually happened is that I asked our new pastor when her baby was due. Geeeeee, when will I ever learn? Needless to say, she wasn't expecting and -- BAM! -- now I'm wandering in the desert. Hope I don't have to stay here 40 years. That's what I get for joining a church that ordains women.

Originally Posted By: Glynn
Born and raised in Georgia, but living in the Christian exile program far, far away. Oh, you've never heard of this? Neither had I until I put my foot in my mouth Big Time. For all intents and purposes it appeared to be a job transfer for my husband, but what actually happened is that I asked our new pastor when her baby was due. Geeeeee, when will I ever learn? Needless to say, she wasn't expecting and -- BAM! -- now I'm wandering in the desert. Hope I don't have to stay here 40 years. That's what I get for joining a church that ordains women.

rofl

Stacy

Archived