MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

How did you find Mrs. S?

cookiejar

On another site, I posted a story about my sister in response to a woman's question regarding why more women don't like camping.

I was visciously attacked.

Some man didn't like the story and followed me all around the site attacking me whenever I dared to post, or whenever he felt he could get a shot in. I left that site; although the owner of the site e-mailed me a short time later to tell me that user had been banned, I no longer trusted the 'net. It had been my first time making a post.

I hunted about a bit amongst survival sites and found MrsS. I lurked here for about 2 years before I made my first post.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking for a new jam or jelly recipe and one of the bazillion sites that came up on Google was Jackie Clay from Backwoods Home. I hung around there awhile. Then on one of the forums there, a guy mentioned Mrs S for women. He was recommending it for prep info. I came, I read, I stayed. Love it here with all my friends!

I was doing a search for "living on one income". That was a couple years ago. Now I don't post as much as I did then, but I usually check (lurk) in every day or so. As far as I'm concerned it is still the best "womens" site on the net.

I believe it was mentioned on the Y2k site - now Timebomb? I remember it came highly recommended and I joined right up. Then lost the addy for a while between computers. Got back as soon as I could - honest lol. I love it here and have recommended it several times but don't know if anyone checked it out. I really love my turkey soup. We will open the last jar for dinner tonight - come on, Thanksgiving sales lol.

Dora

laughkick Necie...your's has to take the prize of...most unique. laughkick

My mom wanted me to look up something (they aren't on the Net) she'd heard on the 700 Club. While at their site, I noticed something about survival....can't remember if it was a direct link or it took other steps to get here. Now I'd always been into wilderness survival stuff but was real wary of that weirdo-with-guns image. wink And I didn't even know how to join or post or anything. So I lurked for months, just trying to learn how a site like this operates and what the "culture" of it was. Finally, I just had to jump in. bounce

MtRider [and I'm still at it.... bounce ]

rofl YOU, Dee??? rofl

Not more than a month ago, I came across someone at another site who called themselves "Inky". I asked her/him? if they were the one from *here*. happy02 Obviously, they said no...

Sheesh, I liked Inky then, and I like you, too... got any more "alter-egos"??? sassing

**Picturing Dee dressed in a Super-Hero outfit, fresh from changing in her monitor...**

bighug

(No, no, no... you don't have to tell me... I'll like ya anyway... rofl )

Jo sent me a link to joy's legacy. I lurked for about 6 months, and then joined up.

Glad I did! not only have I been learning a lot about survival, but it has given me a chance to get to know my dear sister better.

I was looking for sites about pantry stocking in order to survive the "feast or famine" syndrome with my husband's job. I found this one and was hooked! I stayed online until 1:00 am that first night and had to literally tear myself away from the computer.

I read here off and on for a long time, then forgot about this place until my friend Angela (Aint2nuts) joined up and dragged me over.

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

Inky, oh yes, I remember her too. smile

Well now let me see, I think it was January of 1999 when we/Old Pine were doing a lot of checking on line about Y2K. He came across this site via another site, possibly Gary North. I didn't do much at all on the computer except a bit of family research and a family news letter. But, when DH came across this site I decided to read some. Then I posted and yes, I remember my first post was about grain mills. smile

Anyway, I have been here every since, sometimes I don't post as much as other times, but I'm here, not every day, sometimes, but most days.

I have belonged to other sites, but this is the home site. smile I don't even post in one of the other sites now, and only once in a great while at the other on. So, Yes, Mrs. S. is my home on the net. smilelovemrss

Oh, and I love to use lots of pictures. smile

HUGS28.gifHAPPYTUESDAY9.gifHAVEAGOODDAY.gif

She posted 2 days ago, about bathrooms.

Gee, I don't know... whom do you suppose?

Archived