MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

How do you all keep up?

Suz

Im wondering how you keep up to the wonderful accomplishments posted here.

Today I did hubbys Xmas shopping online before DD woke up

(bonus is the dehydrator I bought "him" lol)

Made from scratch 2 doz ea pancakes & waffles to freeze, 2 loaves of english muffin bread and 4 loaves of french. It seems I feed every kid in the county an afternoon snack (dont these kids parents have FOOD?)

did some basic housekeeping etc, tonight is speech for little DS and parents night for big DS. Anybody in NW PA want to chauffer my kids? Will pay with waffles LOL

Am I the only one dragging? Is it a seasonal thing or am I just becoming a lazy slug? How do you all keep up?? sleep

Little by little by little...

oops - must check drying towels...

Keep Up? You mean we are supposed to keep up and here I thought I was just supposed to keep a path from to emergency exits cleared. DarleneSwoon

I have two teenage sons, oh wait darn I can't say teenage anymore the middle one is now 20 so I have a sophomore in college and senior in high that land here to sleep eat and shower. I do good to keep the laundry hamper contained.

If I don't keep up, it'll all catch up with me eventually. outahere

Hmmm,....if it's gonna catch up with me, then *I* must be AHEAD of *it*.

I gave up on trying to keep up a LOOOOOONG time ago. wink

If anyone is unhappy with the cleanliness of the house, that person is encouraged to pick up a broom or mop, and have at it! vacuuming

Originally Posted By: BiscuitMaker

If you can or bake all day something has to give.
Right girls---------------

And usually the first thing to give around here is the weakest seam on my favorite pair of Levi's. blush

rofl

Delegation... I need to learn it and the rest of the family has to help. I have taken a long look at what goes on in my home since my first post, and doormat isnt my middle name any longer!! (All else fails, I am calling in Super Nanny! LOL)

On the bright side, my "husbands" xmas gift of a dehydrator should be showing up this afternoon. Merry Christmas, DH, now open the bloomin thing!

Thanks for the encouragement!! bighug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: winknasmile
I've never been able to keep up. Living on the farm there is always something to do inside or out. I just keep on plodding along and tell myself once in awhile "if I ever finish and get caught up it'll mean I've died and gone to heaven"! smile

Amen to that! The Cowboy sometimes has trouble with days like we've had this weekend where the weather is simply too awful outside to do more than the very basic feeding and watering of animals. He points out that there are so many projects to do, and I point out that there will ALWAYS be so many projects to do, that it is never-ending.
PUSH7a776534bdf1.jpg

Oh gals! Nobody keeps up. Who are we kidding. LOL

...I just asked my 80-year old mother how she kept up...and she laughed maniacially and said only since her stroke six years ago has she kept up. (meaning..now she can't, so it doesn't bother her LOL) She said to tell y'all that the kids and husband will NOT notice if the cleaning is done. They will, however, notice if dinner is not ready. So she grinned and said to keep your priorities straight and not to worry about doing it all. (and delegate jobs if anyone complains)

Looking back, it seems to me that her house was always clean and the laundry always done and things just so. She says that's just impossible did I remember the time the furnace exploded and put soot everywhere, and did I forget that time the washing machine spilled oodles of suds in the entire kitchen on a freshly waxed floor, and oh yeah, how could I forget the time she went berserk and busted up a pile of our toys because she snapped???? Funny, I only remember feeling loved and safe and happy. I see my mother in my mind before her hair went gray, smiling, and I remember her as the mom who would drop everything on a summer day to take us to the pond, then race across it with us. I don't remember endless cleaning, organizing or concern about doing it all. I remember the fun and the sound of her laughter blending with ours.

There are times when in the midst of the messes and the cleaning of them that you must walk away and say "I am going to sit in my chair with my cat right now instead." (I say this...my kid is too big to sit in my lap, LOL)

Mom also said to tell you that if the roof isn't leaking, the plumbing works, and people have food to eat and clean clothes to wear not to worry about anything else. She says "our" type of folks don't live in museums. We're busy living.

I like your Mom.

The only people who can keep up are never home to get it dirty? And can pay people to clean it daily. Because in this house we do one hour of housework in the morning and a half an hour after dinner. It keeps it fairly clean but no where near museum quality. LOL But who would want to live in one of those. Thats just not living smile

GOODMORNING3-1.jpg

Wow, you should see my kitchen, well on the other hand, now way should you see it. smile After all the baking and candy making and all, I haven't done much else.

By noon I am done for, well, most days any way. So what gets done in the morning, is what gets done.

Right now, there are dishes to do and I should vacuuming but just not up to it today. I need to get more baking and candy made. smile

So, you are so right, as long as we can have food on the table, and clean clothes right now, that is what counts. smile

The baking and such has to be all done by next Tuesday so it can all be mailed out on Wed. smile

I can't keep up with all the posts either, I never have been able to and still can't. I get in here for about 2 hours most days and when I make posts, well, there goes the time. smile

HUGS2-1.jpgHAVEAGOODDAY3-1.gifHAPPYSATURDAY9.jpg I think it is Saturday anyway. smile

I feel like I never keep up, but after reading this...My chicks have never worn dirty clothes, never gone unfed, never missed a doc appt., never gone without their therapies or medications, their library programs...They are all learning a musical instrument or two, all learning Latin,and a host of other subjects, taught by me. The house always seems a wreck to me and it DOES bother me...But these chicks are happy little birds, so I guess that is all that matters.

Archived