MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Who's boycotting MIC items?

ArmyOfFive4God

MIC= Made in china.

I am slowly starting to boycott MIC items, starting with toys. It is hard to do, but NOT impossible and not near as difficult as the media would have you believe. Now by my own personal boycott, I am not saying US ONLY things, though it would be nice. I am willing to buy toys MI the US, Europe, even freaking Mexico.

I decided this several weeks, maybe even months ago but have just REALLY started doing my research in the past few weeks. The recall of the aqua dots really turned my stomach though. It takes the cake of recalls in my book. I am beyond D-I-S-G-U-S-T-E-D with china trying to kill us & the higher up here in the states allowing it.

So, who's with me? Who else is boycotting MIC CRAP!?!?!

Well the only toys that will be bought this year will be Lego blocks and they are made in Denmark. Those will be given to my sister's two grandsons ages 1 and 3. Everyone else will get Christmas cards with gift cards, to the movies.

Our middle son wants computer hardware and equipment. I am sure some of that will be made in China boohoohoo Our youngest wants a boom box which you know is made in china. So I am going to be hard pressed to find stuff that is not M/C mecry

I am not boycotting china. I couldn't afford to buy it if it was made in America.

I don't boycott clothing made in third world countries made by children. Why? because America was built on the backs of child labor... as an indentured servant that also meant any child brought over by you or born here. Food was sowed and harvested by children. Now.. it is their turn!

Who you need to turn your anger on is the companies that ordered the toys to be made with out being properly inspected by a quality control department. Contact the companies that distributes the toys and demand your money back.. bankrupt them! but to boycott items made in China is impossible at best.

Originally Posted By: ArmyOfFive4God
MIC= Made in china.

I am slowly starting to boycott MIC items, starting with toys. It is hard to do, but NOT impossible and not near as difficult as the media would have you believe. Now by my own personal boycott, I am not saying US ONLY things, though it would be nice. I am willing to buy toys MI the US, Europe, even freaking Mexico.

I decided this several weeks, maybe even months ago but have just REALLY started doing my research in the past few weeks. The recall of the aqua dots really turned my stomach though. It takes the cake of recalls in my book. I am beyond D-I-S-G-U-S-T-E-D with china trying to kill us & the higher up here in the states allowing it.

So, who's with me? Who else is boycotting MIC CRAP!?!?!

I'm glad others feel as I do. I simply won't buy it if from China. I'll do without if necessary, but that isn't really necessary. I may not be able to find USA made, but with some looking (other than Wally World), one can almost always find things made elsewhere than China.

And yes, I agree it is not accidental, using lead based paint, date rape drugs, selling antifreeze as a sweetener for drugs, etc. They ARE trying to poison us. We need to vote with our dollars.

Besides, cheap is not inexpensive if the product does not work, breaks, or poisons your child or grandchild. I'd rather spend a little more or do without, personally.

Westie you think it is impossible? I don't think so but then I am of the mind that as much as possible what we have and use will be made here on the farm. Right now I cannot do that completely. I am working toward the total self-sufficency. In the mean time. It will definately be quality products. And most of the things coming out of china any more are popular but not necessarily good quality. At least by my standards. I guess I have high expectations. You know the built to last the last hurrah. Will last through 5 generations. Durability. Not much these days are made with such expectations. But I search for it. Westie I don't mean to sound like I am jumping down your throat. I am not. Just stating my stand on it. Yes that was what most countries were built on but I believe (and pray) that it doesn't have to continue.

Originally Posted By: Nett
In the mean time. It will definately be quality products. And most of the things coming out of china any more are popular but not necessarily good quality. At least by my standards. I guess I have high expectations. You know the built to last the last hurrah. Will last through 5 generations. Durability. Not much these days are made with such expectations. But I search for it.

I find some quality products in a variety of places - things made to last. For example, Lehman's has some very high quality things along with some lower quality items (and some MIC items). They clearly identify the quality level and source of items, allowing their customers to make a choice. One simply has to look, sometimes in less than mainstream places.

OK, I was off to bed last night for my last post, but I had to pop on & ask my question in Preserving. So I want to expand on my last post here^^. First of all, as I said it is NOT impossible to buy non-MIC. To further my response in answer to your post, I AM pissed at the toy companies, and I HAVE shown my disdain at their choices of farming out work to china. And do you seriously not think that if I boycott MIC that I am NOT hurting their companies? OF COURSE I am!!!! If I don't buy MIC, it means I am not buying mattel or dollar general toys or any toy MIC from any particular company. I'm not hurting china alone. I am hurting those companies. And the more people that band together & do this ARE taking their anger out on mattel, or hasbro, or WHATEVER companies are using china to make their poisonous pieces of ****.

So while boycotting MIC, I am doing EXACTLY what you recommend & proving my anger at these stupid little companies.

As fot child labour, America may have been built on child labour, but we've come along way. at this rate china will NEVER come a fraction as far. You may believe in child labour, I don't. You may believe in sweatshops, but I don't. And thankfully you are SO FAR the only one of 2 on some of the brds I've posted this on that has decided not to go non-MIC. Thank God I'm not seeing that attitude all over. If you want to help the US go to hell in a handbasket, that's absolutely your right. Likewise, boycotting MIC is mine.

West, I thought you were smarter than "It's impossible" to buy non-MIC. As a matter of fact, I KNOW you are. I love ya girl, but d*mn! I never thought I'd hear YOU say anything was impossible.

I have some of those monkeys!

Playmobil "little people" are made in Germany. I bought my children some when we lived in Germany (15 years ago) and they are still going strong.

We try not to buy anything made in China. You really have to pay attention and do your research. You certainly can't just swing by the mall!

Kim

China is a communist society.

The United States of America is a democratic society.

'Red China' (as it used to be called) is diametrically opposed to the ideals that this country was built on.

Communism believes the citizen is there to support the state.

Democracy believes the state is there to support the citizen.

To put the safety of the citizens of one coumtry into the hands of the other is ____________.

YOU fill in that blank.

(Nothing Chinese here, either.)

Doing a little more websearch has led me to find

Channel Craft

Uncle Goose

Zome (construction toys kind of like kinex and erector sets)

Kazoo (brain learning toys)

Ameritrain

Beka (easles and puppet theaters)

Maple landmark woodcraft

Step2

All american made toys

and then there is the website.... http://www.usmadetoys.com/

I hope these help with some who are looking and doing research about what to buy that is safe.

Guys, this is FABULOUS!!! My own family does NOTHING alone to fight this epidemic (and yes, it has become an epidemic) but MANY families, a large % of America can put a HUGE dent in this!!!

The barrel of monkeys- I noticed that at Target a couple weeks ago and am going to buy them for stocking stuffers for all 3. Another US made brand is POOF! (similar to nerf!!!)

YAY!! GO GIRLS!!!!! (and guys?)

no more shoes! and when it comes to clothing... well, might as not buy any more clothing either.. because even if they were made in Pakistan, the fabric is manufactured in ..... China! Sure there is fabric manufactured in England, but most can't afford it.

don't buy any new cars either because, believe it or not.. the steel came from ... where else? China!

And even though something may be "assembled" in Mexico, the parts to assemble that item was made.. where??? China!

From the pots you cook with to the toothbrush you use on your teeth.... all made in China.

For me, it is business as usual and you all just go on boycotting ... make sure everything you buy doesn't come from China then! not one little component (IC, Resister, Transister, Battery) And you can go on calling me names!

>shakes head and walks away mumbling, is anything manufactured in America anymore?<

http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/

-

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Ma...000698b3a0a____

All made here -

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Made...rica/goods.html

# 3M (Scotch Tape)

# Airstream

# All American Hot Dog Carts

# All-Clad Metalcrafters Inc.

# Allen-Edmonds

# Alliance Rubber Company

# American Champion Aircraft

# American IronHorse Motorcycle Company

# American Paper Optics

# American Printing House for the Blind Inc.

# American Whistle Corporation

# Anheuser-Busch Inc.

# Annin & Co. Flags

# A.R.T. Research Enterprises

# Astro-Physics, Inc.

# Astroland Amusement Park

# Automatic Dishwasher

# Bach Stradivarius Trumpets

# Ball Corporation

# Banana Split

# Barre Granite

# Becker Surfboard Co.

# The Belden Brick Company

# Benjamin Moore & Co.

# Betts Springs

# Binney & Smith Inc. (Silly Putty)

# Bodine Corporation

# Boudin Bakery

# Brooks Brothers

# Burroughs Adding Machine

# Burt's Bees

# California Portland Cement

# California Zephyr Train

# Campbell's Soup

# Cannondale Bikes

# Cape Cod Chips

# Carousel Magic

# Caterpillar

# Celestial Seasonings

# Charles Machine Works

# ChemArt Company

# Chris-Craft

# Coca-Cola

# Columbus Washboard Company

# Commscope Cable Co.

# Corvette

# Craftsman Tools

# Crane & Co.

# Crayola

# The Creegan Company Animatronics

# CUTCO

# DaimlerChrysler Corporation

# Dairy Queen

# Deering Banjos

# Delta Faucets

# Delta Scientific Co.

# Derecktor Ferryboats

# Diamond Match Company

# Dr Pepper

# Duncan Parking Meters

# Duraflame

# Eli Bridge Company

# Emeco, The Aluminum Chair Company

# E-ONE Firetrucks

# Ettore Products

# Everlast

# Fender Musical Instruments

# Firefly Hot Air Balloons

# Fisher Space Pen Co.

# Fleer Trading Cards

# Fleetwood RVs

# Ford Gumball Co.

# Ford (Model T)

# Franklin Art Glass

# French Luggage

# Frito-Lay

# The Frye Company

# Fuller Brush Company

# G&T Conveyor

# Garrett Metal Detectors

# Gatorade

# GE Transportation

# General Mills (Wheaties)

# Gibson Bagpipes Inc.

# Gibson Guitars

# Globe Firefighter Suits

# Goodyear Tires

# Hall Manufacturing

# Hallmark Cards

# Harley Davidson Motorcycles

# Hartmann Luggage

# Hawaiian Tropic

# HC Duke & Son Inc.

# Head-Penn

# Herman Miller Inc.

# Highlights Magazines

# Hobie Cat

# Holiday Tree & Trim Company

# Homer Laughlin China Company

# Honeywell Life Safety

# Howard Johnson

# In-Sink-Erator

# Ivory Soap

# Jack Daniel's

# Jacuzzi

# Jaws of Life

# Jell-O

# John Deere Combines

# Johnson Woolen Mills

# Jostens Inc.

# Kellogg's

# KitchenAid Mixers

# Knotts Berry Farm

# Kohler

# Lockheed Constellation Planes

# Longaberger Baskets

# Louisville Slugger

# Lowell Boats

# Lyon & Healy Harps Inc.

# Mack Trucks Inc.

# Maker's Mark Distillery Inc.

# Maple Landmark Woodcraft

# Marble King

# Martin Guitars

# Martinelli's Sparkling Cider

# Marx Toys

# Medtronic

# Merillat

# Merle Norman Cosmetics

# Milgard Windows

# ML Leddy's Boot & Saddlery

# Monopoly

# Morton Salt

# Mosser Glass Co.

# Mrs. Grossman's Paper Company)

# National Cash Register Co.

# New England Confectionary Company

# New Era Baseball Caps

# Nocona Sporting Goods

# Oscar Meyer Weiner

# Pan American Clipper

# Panavision

# Panoz Convertibles

# Pelican Products Inc.

# Pendleton Woolen Mills

# Pepsi-Cola

# Phoenix Decorating Company

# Powell Skateboards

# Purity Dairies

# Pyrex

# QubicaAMF

# Raytheon Microwave Ovens

# Red Wing Shoes

# Remo Drums

# RGM Watch Company

# Robinson Helicopter

# Rodgers Instruments

# Round House

# R.S. Owens Company

# Rubbermaid

# Sage Fly Fishing Rod

# The Samuel Adams Brewery

# Sand Trix

# Sargent and Greenleaf

# Sawbones

# Sebastiani Winery

# Segway

# Serta

# Shawnee Mills

# Shelton's Better Packages

# Sikorsky

# Silvercrest Western Home Corporation

# Skee-Ball, Inc.

# Slinky Toys

# Smiths Medical Inc.

# Spam

# Starbucks

# Starrett (Precision Calipers)

# Steelcase

# Steinway

# Stetson

# Stern Pinball

# Steuben Crystal

# Stickley Furniture

# Stormy Kromer Caps

# Sturm, Ruger Firearms

# Sub-Zero

# Sunkist / Limoneira

# Swanson TV Dinners

# Tabasco

# Tillamook Cheese

# Titleist

# Tom's of Maine Inc

# Tootsie Roll

# Toro Company

# Trek Bicycle Corporation

# Tums and Co.

# Twinkie

# Tyco Safety Products/Ansul

# Tylenol

# United States Playing Card Company

# U.S. Mint

# US Pole

# U.S. Steel

# USA Today

# Vermont Teddy Bear Co.

# V.H. Blackinton & Co. Inc.

# Vitalie

# Walt Disney Pictures

# WD-40

# Weber Grills

# Welch's Grape Juice

# WET Design

# Weyerhaeuser Company

# Whitman's Chocolates

# Wiffle Ball

# Wigwam Mills

# Wilson Football Factory

# WL Gore & Associates

# Wolf Coach Emergency Vehicles

# Wonder Bread

# Yankee Candle Factory

# Zamboni

# Zildjian (Cymbals)

# Zippo

>just thinking ... I will sure miss everyone when their computers go out and they can't be here anymore.. all computers and components are made in china *sigh* they won't be buying new computers, monitors, keyboards..

Im not saying Im boycotting China made products but I do understand the fears and think something needs to be done. However All my children are of the age to not put things in their mouths and arnt going to be heart broken if I end up tossing a re-called toy. I just choose to TRY and buy American made things in hopes that it will help American businesses.

Archived