MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

'Sort it Out' Sunday

Necie

Howdy all. Haven't posted here in awhile, so thought I'd get us started for the day.

It's the beginning of my 3 day week-end of the month. Busy, busy, busy. Normally we would go out today, but since I..uum, er..overindulged blush on Friday, I am not going ANYWHERE today. The temp isn't too bad out, but the wind is chilly and it's kinda drizzly on and off. DBF was gonna put up storm windows, but decided to wait til it isn't quite so breezy. He's got me a nice fire going in the wood stove and it's nice and comfy inside.

So far today, I cleaned up the kitchen from the mess we made Friday and the mess that was still there from canning. rollingeyes Working on cleaning out freezers. ALMOST got 'er whipped. Defrosting the big freezer, cuz I have to go pick up 1/2 a beef on Tuesday. clap Hauled all my new sewing/craft stuff upstairs and still have to get my hiney up there and rearrange as DBF is working on my table to put up there. Got a pie in the oven (NO-I didn't make it-it's store bought) and stuffed anaheims thawing in the sink. Gonna wrap them with bacon and bake them. yumyum I have a whole bunch of smashed winter squash--gotta figure out something to do with that-maybe I'll just eat it. grin

Have tomarrow and Tuesday off, too. clap YEAH! Plan for tomarrow: Take Gracie to vet for her 14 wk shot; do some shopping-just odds and ends still on my list and get materials to run electric to the chicken coops. Tuesday: Go to Grandpa's and pick up beef.

Hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL day.

bighug and bouquet

(Couldn't find my kissy (:kiss:) smiley. frown So ya'll get flowers instead. wink )

Sort it out?

Yeah, I'll go with that. Today, I need to go to town and collect some packing boxes, load up what didn't sell in the garage sale and take to the op shop, phone lifeline to pick up the bigger stuff, contact the real estate down south and talk to them, email the company I have a job with and let them know how rental situation is. Then there are some sewing jobs smile and more deep cleaning frown

But then again, there are some good books to read and everyone else will be at work (Monday remember!) ...

Hmmmm...we did lots of sorting and tossing of stuff. How come it seems I throw out so much and there is still always more to go? I seem to look at things differently now. Stuff I really needed a few months ago is just taking up space now (for preps of course). No work tomorrow as it is a holiday. Need to take my mom to a doctor appointment...other than that will probably do some homework and try to relax a bit. I kind of overdid it today with the lifting and my lower back is feeling pretty sore.

Stacy

Hubby took all of the garage sale stuff to the charity shop yesterday - there is sooooo much more room in the garage! (I knew noone wanted to work a garage sale.)

We had all of the folks' things they didn't take when they moved, our stuff, and the new son-in-law's things...

Was getting a tad full...

Today, I did nuthin'!

Archived