MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Abigail

A WINNER! In the Kitchen-the Heart of Our Home-Step by Step Bread

Well, to add to the "oldie but goodie" list; here's a "newbie but goodie" that I think is deserving of consideration; many step by step photos for making homemade bread.

And since a picture is worth a thousand words; I nominate this thread:

"Step by Step Bread"

http://mrssurvival.com/forums/index.php?sh...ep++step++bread

=============================================================

Rate this link!

3 stars .......If you think it is really great

2 stars .......If you think it is good

1 star ....... if you think it has great potential with more updates or added content

After thirty or more stars are voted by members, the thread nominator will submit the link to this thread containing all the votes to:

"Top Rated Links: The Best of MrsSurvival":

http://mrssurvival.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry229825

=============================================================

Edited by PureCajunSunshine
fixed links

3 stars from me. I missed this one originally. Thanks

VERY NICE! ***

ONE more vote of three stars, and this thread qualifies to be one of of the Best of MrsSurvival threads!

Who else thinks this'un is a good'un?

(Yes, this is shameless hawk-n-hustle post)

AA.gifAA.gifAA.gif

clap

Really really helpful!

3, I vote 3!

This great thread has exceeded the required 30 star rating that qualifies it to be listed among the Top Rated Links: The Best of MrsSurvival!

Keep voting, folks! The highest ranking threads will qualify for the ultimate Gold Thread Awards! (More information about that will be announced.)

See it here:

http://www.mrssurvival.com/forums/ubbthr...ge=0#Post184046

Whooo hooooo. Ive got some of my own throw it together whole wheat bread doing its second rising right now and will bake it and have it with my dinner. This just reminded me to soften up some butter. MMMMMMMMMMMM. Makes me smile. My neighbors will drool when I start baking it!

Well it would have been fine round loaves of bread,IF I had not let it rise as much on the second rising ( lol. It collapsed). And then I had forgotten to raise the rack so the bottom burned. ) Ok..... so that taught me something ~~~

Well its edible if i trim the bottom off each slice. It still tasted good and is a bit too chewy, but it's only me eating it, luckily. Its been so long since I have baked much of anything. This stove, electric, small is a challenge and the temp I have to set 50 degrees cooler and bake more slowly too... a big challenge~

Actually eating the bread along with lean meats and veggies, is giving me some peppy energy today, so all is not lost. I would like to replace my set of pans with cast iron and enamelled cast iron, and learn to bake in a dutch oven too. That and the enamelled pans and such seem to be a good investment and are much healthier to use than teflon. My teflon set is getting worn out so I feel justified in buying cast iron from now on.

I do have a recipe I created for blender tortillas if anyone is interested~ Just not at home at the moment to be able to post it. You just add more water, but I also adjusted the corn meal to flour ratios, as well, so I can pass on the recipe later on~

The tortillas are really easy and with a big frying pan, you can make really big diameter ones for wraps and burritos.

Does anyone have a good recipe for homemade ....... oh heck, I cannot remember the word...... tamales, thats it~ Ok, ok, I need more coffee~ Hope there is a pot on in the kitchen~

My pictures didn't automatically download, so I didn't look at them. The wording for your recipe was SO good that I didn't need the pictures. Once I found this voting poll, I went back and looked at them.

Great pictures, yes. But my 3 stars goes to the ease and verbal explanations as well. My family LOVED this bread. Thanks alot

3 stars!!!!

Arby,

I use cast iron...I LOVE it! If you don't know how to season it contact me...it's my specialty. I buy them inexpensively from antique stores (or thrift stores, but antique stores carry a better selection). Then I clean them up (ie. get the rust off!) and season them. Viola!!! I've got great, usable pans that don't stick. I even have one that's imprinted 1860 on it!

Well it would have been fine round loaves of bread,IF I had not let it rise as much on the second rising ( lol. It collapsed). And then I had forgotten to raise the rack so the bottom burned. ) Ok..... so that taught me something ~~~

Well its edible if i trim the bottom off each slice. It still tasted good and is a bit too chewy, but it's only me eating it, luckily. Its been so long since I have baked much of anything. This stove, electric, small is a challenge and the temp I have to set 50 degrees cooler and bake more slowly too... a big challenge~

Actually eating the bread along with lean meats and veggies, is giving me some peppy energy today, so all is not lost. I would like to replace my set of pans with cast iron and enamelled cast iron, and learn to bake in a dutch oven too. That and the enamelled pans and such seem to be a good investment and are much healthier to use than teflon. My teflon set is getting worn out so I feel justified in buying cast iron from now on.

I do have a recipe I created for blender tortillas if anyone is interested~ Just not at home at the moment to be able to post it. You just add more water, but I also adjusted the corn meal to flour ratios, as well, so I can pass on the recipe later on~

The tortillas are really easy and with a big frying pan, you can make really big diameter ones for wraps and burritos.

Does anyone have a good recipe for homemade ....... oh heck, I cannot remember the word...... tamales, thats it~ Ok, ok, I need more coffee~ Hope there is a pot on in the kitchen~

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.