MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's a boy!

Clovis

A bouncing 6'2" 140lb. "baby" boy. eekrofl

My youngest son was 18 Jan. 1st. and for several years he's wanted to take my husband's last name as he is the only real dad he's ever had. Since we would have had to have his biological father's permission to get his name changed before he was 18 and I knew that would never happen, even tho he hasn't seen or attempted to contact him for 2 years plus, voluntarily for unknown reasons,we waited. As soon as we could get the attorney's appt. after the new year we did. Now all the papers are signed, it's been published the requied times and on April 3rd. he will officially have my hubby' last name. cheer

He is also taking my DHs first name as his middle name. He has always hated his middle name but didn't want to say anything about changing it because he didn't want to hurt my feelings (I picked it). I finally asked him if he'd like to change his middle name while he was about it. He was so happy after he found out I really didn't mind. He asked if I thought if my his dad would mind if he took his name for his middle name. I knew he wouldn't, but I told him to ask himself. I thought my DH was going to cry he was so happy and touched. Needless to say I didn't mind either.

I'm happy and proud for and of both of them. Just thought I'd share some good news in this trying time. grin

I just love Happy News! I'm sure your DH is over the moon.

My son was lucky to have a wonderful stepfather too. He couldn't have asked for a better father. Sometimes blended families work great. Love is alot more than biology!

Thanks guys, we're all very happy about it. And I may be just a little proud of my guys. grinbighug

And DH is pretty happy too. As soon as the papers were signed he started reintroducing him to all our friends. cloud9

GOODMORNING3-1.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS42.gif

I'm sure he will be much happier now. smile

I had a cousin who did this years ago, he liked his step-dad a lot more than his real dad, so he changed his name.

stpatday5.jpgHUGS3-2.gif

• 4 weeks later...

awwww thats so great. I'm glad your dh and son have such a great relationship. you must be awefully proud. I'm so glad everyone had a happy ending. Wonderful that your son has a father that cares so much about him.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived