MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fall Get Together

Darlene

AH Man, Now I KNOW I'm going to have to have that same goal, Lois. grin.

bighug

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Darlene
I think we're planning this for the 2nd or 3rd week in October.

I'll confirm the Apple Festival dates up here and we'll pick the weekend that will work best for everyone.

Darlene, have you got the dates yet?

wormie
John

This is an opportunity for use here at Mrs. S to get together, meet, share, learn, laugh, sit on the porch and learn how to be a princess!

Our spouses and children can come to. I hope to have my last chemo done, if not I need to schedule around this because I am coming!

I will be flying because it would take me a week of non-stop driving to get there. I may have my dear Mother with me because she is not letting me out of her sight since my diagnosis. Moms! I hope my husband can come but sometimes it is hard to do if they have a contract that needs to be filled right away.. he rolls up his sleeves and jumps in.

I so look forward to meeting everyone. This is a sleep over! LOL! (or several sleepovers! one long slumber party!.. we have lots to talk about and do!)

Some of the fun things planned is pin the tail on the.. no wait.. wrong age group! learning to can, shooting the turtle in the pond! ROFL!, butchering and dressing out our dinner... chicken!, and if darlene finds a goat to butcher... we can do one of them too! (when it comes to butchering, poultry is all the same, some larger then others and goat is no different then deer or cattle or rabbit!

If you want to learn to sew or use a serger.. we will do that to. Princess classes start early in the morning with coffee or tea or orange juice or water on the porch! gotta learn how to hold that pinky finger out! yes Trip this means you too!

I have been to darlenes home and it is just breathtaking! She has lots of room for us if you don't mind sleeping on the floor.. I bought those swimming pool mattresses for $1.99 at wal-mart to blow up and sleep on. I will pick up a el cheap-o sleeping bag when I get there at wal-mart and leave it with darlene when I leave cause I am NOT hauling it back in a plane.

This will be exciting to get to meet everyone!

(and if darlene buys these does due to kid soon... she can show us how to milk! LOLOLOL!)

start putting away a few dollars here and there! eat chili a couple of nights! ROFL!

I gotta fly from LA! and that ain't Louisiana or Lower Alabama!

Told DH about this gathering, and he said, Oh, you will want to be there. Sooo, hopefully everything will fall into place and he and I will get to come. This will be fun!!!!

It's about 20-30 minutes south of me MT...

Tell DT I know the best places to get apples around here! I sure hope y'all can come, along with everyone else!

I really think it should be in Canada this year. I'm pretty sure it's my turn.

MM,

think passports! maybe if we start getting them now.. we could actually have them in a couple of years!

America has gotten stupid! however, if I drive a truck.. with the NAFTA agreement.. I don't need a passport!

Well now we know the weekend, now we need more details-----.

I will be in charge of Westie and the porch, I will hold the bell for her and make sure her tiara stays in place. queen

So the rest of you will have to look after the goats, chickens and the garden. sheeplesheep

Now if there is any of canningsewingknit going on, I will have to watch and make sure you do it right.

If we could just get someone to fly in duck from Miami it would just be perfect-------

Originally Posted By: WormGuy
Put me down for two folks. Here are some suggestions from back last year of what some wanted to see or do and some could teach. I just sniped the high points.

*Go to drive-in movie (one of three left in the state, as posted elsewhere )

**** Do we get ot draw straws on who we can make out with?? gosh, been 2 lifetimes since i did that..in a drivein...lol ****

*Apple Festival?

*** HUH?****

*Apron (maybe hold a contest for biggest, fanciest, most useful?? - provided Darlene and Westie don't run off with ALL the prizes

**** Nope, ain't wearin no apron ****

*Favorite campfire song - be ready to teach it!

*** Don't sing ****

Tin foil hats- (maybe hold a contest for biggest, fanciest, most useful?? - provided Darlene and Westie don't run off with ALL the prizes!)

*** OK !!!!! ***

There's whitewater rafting nearby where the Atlanta Olympics held their kayaking events. Class IV rapids.

**** HMMMMM ****

COOKOFF!!!!

**** NAAAA ****

1st annual Freechirp/Darlene POTATO salad contest.

**** I'm in !! ****

barn raising

**** hell had nuff trouble rasin a kid ****

How about craft/skill demonstrations/casual lectures from those proficient in a particular field? (canning, butchering, gardening, assorted needlework, herbal medicine, first aid, etc)

**** I'll watch **** from the shady porch...

And what about some sort of "Turkey Shoot" or whatever you call a firearm contest?

**** could do it ****

A wilderness survival field (day) trip?

**** bet there are a lot better then me ****

I could teach mountain lawnmowing!

**** Why would you wanna mow a mountain??? ****

I would love to watch & learn how to can meats!

**** Rather eat it ****

I can teach dutch oven cooking

**** That I need to learn, got a whole bunch of them heavy thangs, never used one ****

I can knit, crochet

**** Nope ****
I can do a seminar/workshop on amateur distilling.

****Opps, missed this one!!! cool!! ****
knit a sock **** Ditto ..Nope ****

canning

**** Why? ****

turkey shoot

**** OK ****

dog training ..**** huh ****

butcher somethin' **** OK ****

campfire songs **** Nope ****

herbal & wildcrafting stuff **** Herbgrowin??? MOTHER!!!! ****

potato salad taste-testing

**** I make grt P-salad!! and am modest ****

fishing

**** 60 % dupont spinners ****

Martial arts-type self-defense moves?

**** That's why guns were invented ****

crocheting
knitting
tatting w/needle
use of knitting nancy and how to make one
sewing and adapting patterns
texture look painting (walls and floors)
embrordery
needle point
crewel
rug making (latch hook, crocheting, braiding)
I cook
fire building
cooking on open fire

use of knitting nancy and how to make one

*** don't kno Nancy, she a red head??? ****

wormie
John

*** Wormy, your a strange dude **** but likeable! rofl

Well I ain't drivin clear across America to the crowded east for a weekend, so "she's" gonna have me livin in her pasture for a while...

I think this will be a good thang...put faces to names... I can see my mom and son and then head on over then see them on the way back...

I'd give anything if my mom would come, she would have a great time..and!! prove to you doubters that I didn't crawl from under a rock...I do gotz a mommy...thupth

But if she was there I'd have to play well with others...[censored]!! hard choise....

Sounds like there's gonna be a bunch there, and if the shtf while wez all there, gonna be the best survival retreat anywhere...

would love to meet your Mother! mine may come too! right now she doesn't want to be away from me for one minute!

Archived