MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fall Get Together

Darlene

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first and foremost this is a sleep over get together. I am staying a week! so get used to seeing me in the same Pajamas!

the classes... we are going to do what ever there is to do! any roosters? butchering class!

canning for sure!!!

and how to be a princess is happening on the porch with me! (I am going to figure out how to work my last chemo treatment around this! not sure yet how but I am may just have to miss it!)

the cost for these classes.. free..

well not exactly.. you gotta get there and that could be expensive depending on how far away you are and how you are gonna get there!

I am buying a sleeping bag when I get there and have a el cheapo swimming pool blow up mattress thinger $1.99! that I will use to sleep on. Think of it like practice when you have to bug out to someone else's place or you have all the relatives bugging out at yours! Pitch a tent! rough it, bring an RV or trailer.. there is motels close by... if you would rather.

We aren't too worried about food.. we will figure that out as it comes around! we may need to do store runs, maybe everyone can help cook! or peel potatoes.. after digging in the garden.

we will talk, share, teach what we know, laugh, cry, be silly and all the things you do when we are having a huge meet.

maybe we can dig a pit and do dutch oven cooking! (rumor has it there is a turtle shoot! and what a hoot it will be to make soup out of it! ok.. so if you shoot it is sinks.. so we have to get inventive on how to catch that huge fish eating turtle!)

There was one of these a very long time ago...I am sure those that went can fill you in on how it was done.

This will be a lot of fun and everyone is welcome... new or old.

Very kewl, Westie. Sounds like a wild and wooley weekend, if you ask me! Lots of fun and learning. ;o)

Everyone here has some point of expertise they can share, so the gathering is bound to be helpful.

I sure would not mind being there. I'll have to check on a few things. I used to love camping, but my back won't allow it anymore. In fact, gardening is hard - so I'm dreaming ways to elevate gardening according to Square Foot Gardening principles.

If Darlene has herbs growing and doesn't mind seeing them snipped here and there, we could fix some great dishes. My favorite is basil for pesto. Maybe someone here knows a lot about medicinal uses for herbs.

Btw, I'm sorry to hear you're undergoing chemo, Westie. frown It sure sounds like you're determined to beat it with strength of attitude and determination. I hope you don't mind if I keep you in some prayer. ((((((Hugs))))))

(I can't find the emoticon button anymore....)

OH WAIT!!!

bighug

There ya go!

thanks Teaberry... I won't beat this.. the chemo is to give me 2-4 years. I am doing this for my husband and mother.. if not 6 months is fine with me.

Looks like I am gonna miss out of the SHTF!!!

so this will be a time when you can pick my brain cause it won't be around later. ROFL!!!!!

Sorry for the brief thread drift, but this is important because a lot of people here benefit from Westie's expertise and want to see her make it. Well, okay. That sounds selfish. But it's true.

I don't know exactly what you're dealing with girl, but doctors can't predict squat.

Check this out and be sure to watch the video. It's mainstream news. No gimmicks. The doctor speaks. Someone else we can't see in the video speaks too.

http://www.newsnet5.com/health/16363548/detail.html

Originally Posted By: BiscuitMaker
I will be in charge of Westie and the porch, I will hold the bell for her and make sure her tiara stays in place. queen

Now you just hold your panties on...

*I* am in charge, and forget trying to be in charge of Westie...she's as bad as me...uncontrollable.

darlene
Originally Posted By: Teaberry
Hey y'all. Is there a list of the classes that will be offered? Any cost for them?

Yes, the price is one bottle of pink nailpolish.

Light pink.

Hot pink is a huge no-no.
Originally Posted By: Darlene
Originally Posted By: Teaberry
Hey y'all. Is there a list of the classes that will be offered? Any cost for them?

Yes, the price is one bottle of pink nailpolish.

Light pink.

Hot pink is a huge no-no.

well, dang....
I was gonna bring you a goatling...

I have not been around here much lately, but I am still hoping to be there in October.

Last month I bought a bell at a yard sale, just for the porch class. Westie can be in charge of herself, I will just be watching and learning!!!! (No, the bell is not pink, but I will see what I can do between now and then).

Originally Posted By: westbrook
would love to meet your Mother! mine may come too! right now she doesn't want to be away from me for one minute!

Mines 89 this sept, still doin ok but I know that a trip like that would wear her out, but I'd love for her to and will ask.

Trip

Trip,

I am having the same problem with my Mother.. she won't leave my side! When I go to Georgia.. she is going! Your Mother and mine will do just fine together.

Of course Darlen's garden may never be the same again! ROFL!!! and don't let her see any unplanted seeds or a garden tool and heaven forbid a riding lawn mower! she has never had the pleasure but it will look enough like her quad... oy vey!

I have a VERY girly girl mother! pink nail polish? got pink lipstick to go with it? my Mother's make up is stuck in the 60's, though she did have her eyeliner tattooed on! while she dresses 21 century!

Honestly, Trip... my Mother is a very kind lady and would love for your Mother to come. When I had mentioned that you may come and bring your Mother, she was very excited to meet someone else's Mother.

My Father (of step) died 8 years ago of a very rare liver disease and since my Mother is so lonely, she is with me most of the time.

oh to die for Lois!!!! pancakes? no problem.

Darlene... we need to think about making pancakes from ground wheat. I will look for the recipe and we can pass it out.

as a matter of fact, we need to discuss some of the foods we will be making and get a little cookbook of recipes together for this get together.

Second week in October is Canada’s Thanksgiving, it’s my weekend to work, and I’ll try and book it off. If I’m able to book off that weekend, I’ll be signing up for every class. I’ll be the keener/newbie, sitting in the front row with my pen and notebook.

Originally Posted By: westbrook
Trip,

I am having the same problem with my Mother.. she won't leave my side! When I go to Georgia.. she is going! Your Mother and mine will do just fine together.

Of course Darlen's garden may never be the same again! ROFL!!! and don't let her see any unplanted seeds or a garden tool and heaven forbid a riding lawn mower! she has never had the pleasure but it will look enough like her quad... oy vey!

I have a VERY girly girl mother! pink nail polish? got pink lipstick to go with it? my Mother's make up is stuck in the 60's, though she did have her eyeliner tattooed on! while she dresses 21 century!

Honestly, Trip... my Mother is a very kind lady and would love for your Mother to come. When I had mentioned that you may come and bring your Mother, she was very excited to meet someone else's Mother.

My Father (of step) died 8 years ago of a very rare liver disease and since my Mother is so lonely, she is with me most of the time.

Would her to come along, don't know how well she would take to living in my Cave but if I can pry her out of her place I'd bring her..don't think shes much into digging in the dirt anymore but who the hell knows...shes a tuff old broad..

Say...when does the leaves put on their show there? she might go for that!!.... she mentioned it one time...

Hmmmm...food for thought..

BUT, the down side is I'd have to act huiman and that's hard to do...

Archived