MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Newbie Here!

Yart

Hello all, Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I am mom of 3, city dweller. I am not new to the idea of preps or self sufficiency. I prepped for over a year for Y2K. Most people laughed at me when I told them what I was doing. I thought everyone I knew should have the same chance to prep as I did.... Well, they laughed and they laughed harder when it didn't happen. When it didn't happen I felt really silly. About a year later my DH was hurt at work and we were able to make it ok because of all of the preps so nothing went to waste. But I didn't keep up with it and as more kids came along and work happened I really did a backwards slide. I still have a ton of candles... LOL! But I was reading somewhere about a week ago that some store were limiting the amount of rice and flour that you could buy. Well, that got my curiosity going and I went to look into it further and low and behold.... it isn't just true but something clicked that I need to get back to prepping. So I stumbled in to your forums.... Hope you don't mind... :o) And thought I would jump back into this with both feet as I feel like I am 3 steps back. Oh, if you hadn't noticed I tend to ramble... So I will apologize now. Oh and I would like to thank Nana for the $20 and the $5 supplements. These are going to be great resources to get started again.

I look forward to getting to know you. Huggles, Yart

welcome6 Yart! Keeping a full pantry is always a good form of insurance no matter what life throws at you. I find other people just don't get it, so why let them know what you have to protect your family bighug We are happy to answer any Q's you might have and feel free to ramble all you like I know I do LOL! smile

Archived