MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I Missed You All So Much! Xray Update

Jules

We had saved for a very long time and took our first vacation in a decade.

If I can figure out how to post pix, I will try to post some of the hundreds of pictures we took.

Okay, we did our part to stimulate the economy! Lordy that was expensive, and while it could have bought a lot of much needed preps; we also needed to get away and here for badly needed down time.

Thankfully we didn't incur any debt so there wont be any bills after we've unpacked.

Did I mention I missed you guys?? I really missed you guys. grin

I think I'm good for travel for another decade, there really is no place like home.

yes you were so close to me, I could have driven there in 2 hours, had coffee with you near your hotel or in it depending on where you were.

(grabs Jules by the shoulders and shakes her) "what were you thinking??? didn't you see I am in So.Ca?"

and I bet you didn't stop at Knott's Berry Farm for Dinner at their famous restaurant either! (don't have to pay to get in to go to the gift shops or restaurant)

and I bet you didn't go to the wax museum or beach or....

I remember when we went to Knott's Berry Farm many Sunday's for the chicken dinners. That was way back when there were no rides or charge to get in to any of it.

When we kids were very young and relatives came to visit Mom packed a picnic lunch and we sat on the grounds in a park like area and ate lunch before roaming around. One of my cousins actually fell off a wall into a cactus....we thought that was really funny back then

We also sat around the campfire listening to "The Sons of the Pioneers" sing.

Wow, am I dating myself or what!!!

We didn't go anywhere besides disney, the sticker shock alone was heart stopping. We flat out couldn't afford to go anywhere else or stay longer. If I had been paying attention I'd have messaged you to visit! **What was I thinking???** The weeks before the trip were so chaotic.... mommy alzheimers....

Who knows... maybe in another decade I can take another trip?? I have hundreds of pix on my camera and on my cell phone and I don't know how to upload any of it. ????? I have to figure out both of them. I am technologically retarded, this outta be funny...

When we got back from the trip, my sister who lives a handful of blocks from my house called and invited us all over for dinner. Before dinner my son and teenaged nephew were rough housing and having a wrestle/tickle fest when my son ran over crying and screaming. He wouldn't let us move his arm or hardly touch it. He was nearly hysterical. Four adults present and we all missed what happened. After an ice pack he was still crying and I can say with complete certainty that was extremely out of character for him to cry like that. He's always very rough and tumble, shakes off those little crashes and he's off playing in seconds. Not this time. We loaded him in the car, off to NightTime Pediatrics/InstaCare. One look at his hysterics and they ordered a bunch of Xrays. They can't tell if he stressed a growth plate or it's fractured. They splinted it and he shrieked through all the pix, and the wrapping. OMG that was horrible to hear him cry like that. I was ready to take up smoking after that, his dad and I shook like leaves after Xrays. Every change of position brought fresh tears, shaking, and wimpers for Momma. Lordy in heaven I hope to never have to go through that again. I sat on a chair right in front of the table, holding him on my lap and the tech put shields on all of us. Dad held his arm in the correct positions and I held him and rained kisses all over his face and head. I could not stop my own water works, tears streamed down my face everytime he called for me to make it stop. Sometime today an orthopedic person is supposed to call and tell us if it's just a stress injury or if it's fractured and we will have to go to some ortho person at a larger hospital since we were seen at a clinic. Good thing we have plenty of good insurance.

Sorry for the whinning... just letting out some fussy stress. I think I hijacked my own thread.

Xrays were read and confirmed that he didn't break anything, so it's a bad sprain. It's still very painful for him and when it gets moved he shrieks in pain.

I guess it's good news it isn't broken, it's bad news it's going to take a while to heal and DS is a terrible patient. I don't blame him, he's so little and he's never had anything like this happen before.

We are all so blessed with good health and really no serious injuries of any kind. My kids are sound sleepers, potty trained, good eaters, happy, and well adjusted. They just don't give me much trouble.

The docs said to take the splint off so I've given him liquid motrin to keep the pain down to a dull roar.

In a way, this is a good reminder of how good things really are.

Thankyou, God!

Archived