MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A Senior Moment.. PG rated...

Trip

A Senior Moment

Here's a quote from a government employee who witnessed a recent interaction between

An elderly woman and an antiwar protester in a Metro station in DC.

There were protesters on the train platform handing out pamphlets on the evils of America. I politely declined to take one.

An elderly woman was behind me getting off the escalator and a young ( 20-ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined

The young protester put her hand on the old woman's shoulder as a gesture of friendship

And in a very soft voice said, 'Lady, don't you care about the children of Iraq ?'

The old woman looked up at her and said, 'Honey, my father died in France during

World War II, I lost my husband in Korea , and a son in Vietnam.

All three died so you could have the right to stand here and bad mouth our country.

If you touch me again, I'll stick this umbrella up your [azz] and open it.'

~God Bless America ~

Tripwire,

Thanks for sharing this. Most of the men in my family have served our country....it frosts my cookie to no end to hear the disrespect of freedom.

americanflag

To think, I just learned that my dad was spat upon when he returned from Vietnam...35 years later and he just now told me....The world needs more people like this! smile

L

As a mom, foster mom, sister, daughter, niece,and granddaughter to those who have served during my life time I have just one thing to say to this post of Trips.... YOU GO GRANNY!!!!

Archived