MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Baby Boy on his way to Parris Island

mommato3boys

Heck he probably is already there by now. He had to be at the hotel in Raleigh last night at 4:00. It was all I could do to get in that car and drive away and leave yet another son.

Please remember him in your prayers. Going back work now and try not to think about it.

Of course you will think about it. My boy, who was injured, stayed five months on Parris Island. After surviving that, he felt ready to handle anything else in the world.

They're so young...

I understand. That very short phone call home, upon their arrival there, was so precious. Just to know that he arrived safely. Next big goal, to receive a note with their mailing address so I could start writing to him - everyday.

Wait till you go for graduation. A very proud day indeed!

God bless our young men and women. They are awe inspiring.

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

praying for all the service people.

It is really so hard to let them go, but, someone has to do this work. frown :usaflag2:

Thank you to all of those who have been in the service and all those who are in the service now.

thtags88ur-1.gifHAVEAGOODDAY3-1.gif

Well Monday night at 8:22 we got our 10 second phone call (okay so my cell phone says 59 seconds) but it went like this...

DH answering phone "hello" then quiet

On the other end a lot of yelling and then "This is Recurit _____ calling to let you know I have arrived safely. You will receive a letter in 7-9 days with my new address. Please do not send me large or bulky items when you write. Thank you for your support."

Dh said bye as the phone clicked.

All I have to say is MY BABY mecry Oh God PLEASE get me through this.

(((Mommato#Boys))) The reason for the short phone call, is to make sure all the guys can call home, and then get to the next item of their long list of things to do. Our DS said they did not sleep much, as they had a lot to do to process in. You could start writing him notes each day about what is going on, so when you do get his address, you will be ready to mail him a letter. Mail call is very important to the guys. When you send him packages, be careful not to make it too sentimental (DI might not appreciate it and thus neither will your DS)or too hard for him to store, as their storage is limited to their footlocker.

You all will survive, and you will get a really fine young man back. Just keep praying.

((((Mommto3Boys)))

Oh my heart is going out to you! I know my day is coming as my ds2 is determined to be in the military.

It is just so hard to think of them out of reach and at the mercy of .... well of God, cause we're praying! right??

Next time he calls do this: As he finishes his required 'speech', yell "OOOHRAH! SEMPER FI! " back at him. At least it'll make him smile and he will hear your voice.

Start writing now, and send letters as soon as you get the address. The letters are held back, stacking up in the office, and are handed out as rewards.

Lots of very short letters are better than fewer, longer ones.

Yep, the young people in boot camp love getting a letter. They don't have much time to write back though, but occasionally they can get back to you, so don't feel badly if they are far between the days he is there. Parris Island is the toughest boot camp. When they finish, they can then call themselves Marines. My son will be watching his half brothers, twins, Michael and Matthew go off to the Persian Gulf and to Afghanistan. Michael is in the Coast Guard and will be a gunners mate, on a program that puts him into the war zone. His twin brother, Matthew is doing data entry and does Computer tech stuff so he will be invaluable in Afghanistan. Matt goes within a month I believe. MY DS, Josh is getting out, but next winter he will watch his fiance grab her duffel bag and head to Iraq (they have been told). She is getting familiar with her NCO's now in her unit. My son is finishing his term due to medical injury to his neck by the Fall and will become Husband and military dependent when Penny comes home after one tour. I think he is very concerned about them all and he cares very much that he does the best he can in what service he can render stateside. I know he wishes he could go, but his neck is too fragile to carry a soldier.

These young kids sure have fortitude and courage. I am so amazed. Blessings and prayers to them all! I am a veteran but was in before things got hot again, but did ten yrs in naval aviation and security/law enforcement. I say prayers for the military families as well, so many of them struggle and these repetitive tours and extensions really wear alot of folks down. Blessings to the newest of soldiers here. americanflag

Ambergris... lol, my son said he and his buddy in a foxhole during bootcamp cried at the same time over being homesick. It was the only place they could be out of sight so they could let themselves feel things like that the whole time they were in boot camp!

I know now your feeling but it gets better. I wrote a little each day until I could send it. Don't write anything you don't want him to read out loud as some of the DI will make them read it out loud. Just know they will be so busy and not have time to call or write much for the fist few weeks. Graduation is so beautiful and you will be so proud to see him. I pray for all of our soldier's every day.

Ok, I got a signature but I am not home to save it my computer. I was really thinking about those we are close to that are serving in the military and the newest soldiers,sailors and airmen. I think sometimes my prayer is constant for them all. I pray for yours too~ smile

• 2 weeks later...

Well we have received our first hand written letter. We got two others photocopied that they send out with info but this was an actual letter from him.

He is doing good said the food was great(I was surprised he had time to taste it lol ) He is not into drama but he said he is a group of high school graduates and everyone wants to lead and no one wants to follow. I thought that was hilarious seeing as he is a high graduate of 10 days himself. He is starting his 3rd week there and so far no I wanna come home letters.

17754505_400x400.jpg

Can't show favoritism happy02 ds#1 is army

Proudarmymom%20small.JPG

I am so glad to hear he is doing good. I know thats a relief to you and your family, just knowing he is ok,.. he actually likes the food, and seems to have good moral makes all the difference. I will continue to pray for him and your family.. God Bless....

Friday morning hubby and I were back in our bedroom going through boxes when ds#2 came back and said there was a call from SC but when he answered it the called dropped. So I take the cell phone and hit redail. I get voice mail for Drill Instructors. I almost hit the floor. eek

First of all when we had family night (something the marines do for high schoolers) we were told they would probably not be calling home before week 6 or 7 if they got to call any.

So I went in to mommy panic mode. Lets just say I have a very vivid imagination. I imagined any and every thing from broken bones to him throwing the pin and not the grenade. DarleneSwoon I tried several times to call but kept getting voice mail. After 20 minutes I called and got a real person. He asked who I had there and I told him. Next thing I know Nick was on the phone. Instead of greeting him with Hello Son the first words I spoke to my son in over 3 weeks were WHAT IS WRONG.

He assured me he was fine that nothing was wrong. They just got to call home. So for 2 minutes I got to hear my baby's voice. cloud9

Archived