MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Strawberry Lemonade Concentrate

This is from the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving.

Strawberry Lemonade Concentrate

6 cups hulled strawberries

4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice

6 cups granulated sugar

1. Prepare canner, jars, and lids.

2. In a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade, working in batches, puree strawberries until smooth. Transfer to a large stainless steel saucepan as completed. Add lemon juice and sugar and stir to combine. Heat to 190 degrees F (88 C) over medium-high heat, stirrring occasionally. Do not boil. Remove from heat and skim off foam.

3. Ladel hot concentrate into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch (0.5cm) headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Screw band down until resistance is met, then increase to fingertip-tight.

4. Place jars in canner, ensuring they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil and process for 15 minutes. Remove canner lid. Wait 5 minutes, then remove jars, cool, and store.

To reconstitute, mix one part concentrate with one part water, tonic water or ginger ale. Adjust concentrate to taste.

Makes 7 pints

fyi. I made this with concentrated lemon juice as I'm not rich and I don't own a lemon tree. mecry It's tart!! I also did not add sugar. We will add Splenda when we reconstitute for drinking.

Archived