MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello from Northern California

TractorDiva

Greetings. I thought I ought not be rude and just surf your forums without at least saying, "hello!"

I found your site while seeking information regarding canning, specifically with using a pressure canner (never done it). We live on a ranch in the foothills and raise most of our own meat and vegetables. Other than tomatoes and some jam, I've not done much canning. I'd like to put up my chicken, broth and other vegetable items this year.

The other day when I found your site, I also found a really cool story and was reading it...there was an EMP, then everything electronic went dead...and some explosions, wiping out major cities...kinda like the show Jericho, but way better written.

I couldn't read it all...and now I can't find the link! I don't suppose I could impose on someone to show me where it is?

Thank you for letting me into your forum -- and double thank you in advance for someone sending me the story link...

Laura..welcome! Did someone send you the link?

It is in the Fireside forum. I don't usually read the stories..so I don't know which one you mean.

Jackie's right... the story would be in the "Fireside" forum.

Go to "The Cave" forum, and Fireside is a sub-forum in there... look at the top.

welcome6

Thank you all for the warm welcome and the pointer in the right direction!

I am home recuperating from surgery, so having a "good read" is a nice diversion to keep my mind off all the things my body can't do right now...

Me too! the doctors are more intimate with my body then my husband! I mean they have had my innards in their hands! i asked them and they left my gizzard! thank goodness!

I am excited to read you want to learn to can meat and broths. the Preserving the harvest has a great chicken soup recipe to try... with pictures!

Thank you all so very much! You sure know how to make someone feel welcome... smile

My recovery from surgery is going very well...thanks for asking. I had a great surgeon and excellent home care. Which is good as I am a terrible patient and detest staying down...and its nice that I'm almost off all pain meds to I don't say loopy things like, "Gee...french fries are a food group, right?..."

Thanks to helpful folk who pointed me back in the right direction, I've been absorbed in reading "Just Another Tuesday"...and can't wait to start reading the others...I had no idea when I was first stumbling around the site, a little hopped up on pain meds, that there were so many stories, and SO MUCH TALENT HERE.

One more question, as a newbie,... are men allowed to register for this site? I've been telling my husband about you all, but didn't know if he could log in too...just curious.

Top of a Tuesday to you all...find something beautiful to celebrate...

Laura

Laura, any hubby of yours is a friend of ours! Yeah, they let guys in here! And of some of them even like it here!!! LOL

welcome6 Laura Glad you joined us, glad you found us. There is so much on this site after a few years I am still finding things.

Feel free to ask questions we love questions, you will get lots of help.

canning You will be canning like crazy in no time.

Stocking up and looking under the bed to see what will fit under there. lol

Archived