MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Greetings from Siskiyou Cty, North. Calif.

Siskiyoumom

Hello,

My family lives in rural Siskiyou county.

I am a school teacher married to a wonderful man and we

have been preparedness minded since before y2k.

We live off the grid and use a hydro ram system to generate our

electricity.

No land line phone. We make due with a satilite internet provider (not reliable) and there is no cell phone coverage out here.

We are currently working on increasing our defensible space around our little home due to the wild land fires near us.

Hope to learn a lot here and thank you for providing this forum. Sis

I saw that your first post is a prayer for Quilty's grandson in "Streams". I love you already. bouquet

Welcome to Mrs Survival, and please feel free to ask us anything. Chances are *somebody* can help!

And since you're already living "off the grid", you'll probably be helpful to others!! wink

Stay safe in the fires... I'm praying the firemen will gain control over ALL the fires soon!!

bighug

Welcome!! wave Are you the same Siskiyoumom on the Curevents site who writes in the story section? Because if you are we have the Fireside area for story writers (no pressure or anything...) grin

Dogmom4, yep, I do try my hand at writing. My first real story was called Siskiyou Islands (about a large cascadian subductionzone quake off the west coast). It really needs a lot of reworking/editing. I have most of the original still posted at the Frugal Squirrel Archives. Now that Frugal's is under the leadership of a strongly devout christian and a lot of teens and tweens read the fiction there, I will have to do a major editing to remove some of the content as it is not appropriate for the tender hearted. Been busy as a teacher and beginning homesteader and have not had a lot of free time to write. Thank you ladies for your kind welcomes. I had been lurking here for some time and am glad to finally offically register. Sis

Hi Sis! Glad to see you here at MrsS! I have read your stories at frugal's...they are really good! It's great to have you here too...And thank you for your precious prayers for my dear GS...they are much appreciated. I think you will like it here a lot. So many caring and kind people! bighug

Q

Archived