MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

MrsSurvival's Fall Gathering...Who's Coming?

Darlene

I'm trying to make sure that I have the list correct so far...correct me if I'm wrong:

Me and my 2 girls

Stephanie and her 2 boys

MomM and Hubby

Wormie and Wifey

BisMak and Hubby

Momo and Hubby

Trip

Rootdigger and son

Dee

Necie are you coming?

MtnMama and Hubby

Westie and mama

LunaMother needs to come here and THEN go to the tournament...lol

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well....

I will be in Atlanta on October 7th at 1:30 pm! I leave on the 14th at 8:30 pm. Hopefully Darlene, this works out for you and the little one.

well, poop.

we CAN'T leave out till after payday the 15th- *I* write and sign the checks and the employees get all annoyed if they don't get paid- go figure...then we have the tournament in Chattanooga on the 18th, and have just enough time for a visit to N. Georgia before going to Houston for Ward's quarterly scans on the 22/23/24th.

*sigh*

I am supposed to have my 5th chemo on the 5th but am postponing until I get home. So I can't stay longer then the week, I am not going to make it to New York to see the kids. the kids rented a 49 acre apple orchard farm! DIL wants to learn to can.

Originally Posted By: Lisa in GA
Can you tell me what the gathering is for? Is this just a get together of like minded folks?
I live in GA about three hours south of Blue Ridge, but my parents live in Cherry Log.
Lisa

we are going to have a canning class! get the turtle in the pond! maybe turtle soup! so that becomes eating wild animals.. LOL! gonna butcher chickens for dinner, do a dutch oven cooking class, a little gun class (bring glasses if you wear them so no excuse for not being able to hit the target! ROFL!), conversation, eating... and believe me when I say Darlene is an Awe Some cook! sharing, laughing, laughing at Darlene! Princess training on the porch with me... learning the proper way to ring a bell so we get waited on by Darlene!

We are getting together to meet, learn, share and have fun. The last time this was done was 8 or 9 years ago! this is the only time I will get to meet anyone as I only have a couple of years left.. so ask me while I am around!

Darlene is opening her home to all of us here. She has plenty of floor space (her great room is bigger then my entire house!), 12 acres to park trailers or RV's or cars.

Come early and help peel potatoes! it will be like bugging out to a safe place during a SHTF situation. It will be so much fun!

PM Darlene for directions.. don't ask me cause I am lost!
Originally Posted By: mommato3boys
Sorry to say you will have to count us out...hubby is probably having surgery the 9th or 10th waiting on the exact date. mecry

I am so sorry! I hope it is just a minor surgery for your DH! speedy recovery!
Originally Posted By: westbrook
Originally Posted By: mommato3boys
Sorry to say you will have to count us out...hubby is probably having surgery the 9th or 10th waiting on the exact date. mecry

I am so sorry! I hope it is just a minor surgery for your DH! speedy recovery!

Hopefully it is...we are hoping that they will just scope his knee.

Lisa, we'd love to have you! The more the merrier!

We're going to be together Friday, Saturday and Sunday so you can come for as long as you'd like! Just let me know and I'll have westie scoot her little hiney over on the front porch to save a seat for you!

Darlene, I am afraid I am gonna have to bow out. mecrymecry I was really looking forward to it too. But I have moved and returned to school. Wish me luck and hopefully I will be able to get back to "seeing" everyone again soon. I have missed you all. Have fun and maybe you could post a photo album of some of the things.

Hmmm..Philadelphia to...Georgia(?)....to the mountains somewhere....safely.....no, he'd never let me do it cry

Well, that's ok. It's not like I'd actually been invited. And, after all, y'all'd take one look and decide the weekend was over!

But, I must be honest....I'm really jealous.

Some people have all the fun.....

grouphug2

Take pictures. Please?

Um.. Grace... everyone is invited! the posting has been up for a year and a half..

honestly, try inviting 5000 people individually! you can fly for under $300! I know cause I checked. though I put in from the 9th -13th... it was $273. Probably cost that much to drive.

He won't let you? tell you Dad you will be in a safe place with friends. Want me to talk with him?

Hopefully you will stand up and say "I am going, this is important to me!" oh and add "you are coming!"

Looks? ROFL! I am bald! no hair on my head, no eyelashes, hot flashes a couple times an hour! weak - I hate being weak! oh I am a mess.. but so what! I am coming!

Originally Posted By: lunamother
Darlene-
you MUST compose a list of Things for Trip to Do that's long enough so he's still there when we get there... :chop:

HEY!! I have plenty to do...

0500 arise to coffee..( best be some!)

0500 to 0600... Rest up for breakfast..

0630 to ??? relax and digest breakfast...while thinking about lunch..

1200...lunch...

1330...sit on porch with Westy helping her ring her bell...she's weak ya kno...

1500..nap...until dinner bell rings...

1700.... sit in shade and think about the day...

1800...HAPPY HOUR !!!!....

2200 bed...

now just where you planning to stick extra stuff??????...I didn't think so.... being busy is an art form all in and of it's self.....

grin
Originally Posted By: Grace007
Hmmm..Philadelphia to...Georgia(?)....to the mountains somewhere....safely.....no, he'd never let me do it cry
Well, that's ok. It's not like I'd actually been invited. And, after all, y'all'd take one look and decide the weekend was over!
But, I must be honest....I'm really jealous.
Some people have all the fun.....
grouphug2
Take pictures. Please?

Repeat after me..I'M GOING.......I"LL BE FINE....I'M A BIG GIRL...I'M NOT A CHILD....I'LL BE AMONG FRIENDS....SO...NOW GIVE THE MONEY FOR MY PLANE FARE... roflrofl..SEE? THAT'S THE ADULT WAY!!!!

and trip... you forgot all the thinking and planning on how we are gonna get that turtle! why that alone will take up a lot of time!

thinking is very hard work!

Originally Posted By: Trip
HEY!! I have plenty to do...

0500 arise to coffee..( best be some!)

0500 to 0600... Rest up for breakfast..

0630 to ??? relax and digest breakfast...while thinking about lunch..

1200...lunch...

1330...sit on porch with Westy helping her ring her bell...she's weak ya kno...

1500..nap...until dinner bell rings...

1700.... sit in shade and think about the day...

1800...HAPPY HOUR !!!!....

2200 bed...

now just where you planning to stick extra stuff??????...I didn't think so.... being busy is an art form all in and of it's self.....

grin

That's the list I forged just to get you here...

The REAL list as is follows:

0600 - Rise and make your own stupid coffee

0630 - Feed and water all the animals

0700 - Cut grass in front center of property

0800 - 15 min breakfast break...if you're nice I'll make a hot breakfast. If you're a caveman you get a storebought granola bar.

0815 - back to cutting grass in front center of property.

1000 - Get post hold digger and dig new hole for new mailbox

1100 - Mix up concrete and set new post for mailbox

1200 - lunch

1230 - cut front left section of property

1430 - cut back right of property

1600 - cut back center section of peropty

1830 - dinner

1900 - feed and water animals for night

1930 - bring in moving boxes from garage to Darlene so she can unpack more

2100 - Relax on front porch.

2130 - nite nite.

Now, this is for Day One.

It gets more interesting as the days go by.

Archived